hey, I've had my Storm for 2 months or so, and never had an issue until a couple days ago. It just kinda freezes for a few minutes and displays that little "loading" thing in the middle of the screen. I wouldn't mind, but it's been so bad that it's prevented a couple calls from being answered, and it's like, the world is gonna end when I get a text and am already doing something else.
    anything I can do to smooth out the way it's working? I love the phone, honestly don't have any problem with it until this.
    thanks
    08-11-09 11:09 PM
    what os? how long since a reset? what apps do you have installed? a little more info please?
    08-11-09 11:10 PM
    Download quickpull and use it to reset ur phone or do a battery pull?
    What OS do you have loaded?
    What apps are running and which ones do you have loaded on your phone?
    08-11-09 11:11 PM
    4.7, and not many apps... nothing recent. I can list if u need.

and by battery pull, u mean...? sorry, new to it.
    08-11-09 11:16 PM
    4.7 what...4.7.0.148? .151? .122? etc

batt pull is when you take off the back cover and pull the battery for a little then put it back in...resets the phone
    08-11-09 11:18 PM
    How much free memory do you have after a battery pull and reboot?
    Does that amount of memory stay stable over time?
    08-11-09 11:19 PM
    OP welcome to crackberry. I know your frustrated with the issue you are having but please don't use that kind of language here on the forums, not needed here. This is outlined in the Posting Rules link in my signature. Thanks...
    08-11-09 11:20 PM
    4.7 what...4.7.0.148? .151? .122? etc

batt pull is when you take off the back cover and pull the battery for a little then put it back in...resets the phone
    Yes. Go to options > about and see what you're running.
    08-11-09 11:22 PM
    Ok, then yea, did a bat. pull a couple of days ago when it first started.
    as of now, I have:
    App free space: 0.0KB

Total space: 879.2MB

Free space: 870.0MB

and the media card is using about 5 out of 8GB.

now should I do a Battery Pull and see where I stand memory-wise? and why do I have 0KB for free app memory? and sorry for the language, app list coming in a sec.
    08-11-09 11:30 PM
    yes do a batt pull and see what your mem is at

also a list of apps may be helpful
    08-11-09 11:31 PM
    All the BB apps and:
    BB Maps
    BB Messenger
    BrickBreaker (surprisingly fun)
    Browser
    Documents To Go
    Email Setup Application
    Facebook
    Google Maps
    Help
    LiveSearch
    MemoPad
    Movies
    Pandora
    Password Keeper
    Phone
    Tasks
    TeleNav GPS
    V Cast Music | Rhapsody
    Visual Voice Mail
    VZ Navigator
    Word Mole

thats all of em, doing a bat. pull, and I'll post up the memory again in a few.
    08-11-09 11:34 PM
    I guess your storm just doesn't like you. You should treat it better by doing battery pulls more often and keeping its OS up to date, I also think itnwould like you more if you didn't have so many apps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 11:38 PM
    All the BB apps and:
    BB Maps
    BB Messenger
    BrickBreaker (surprisingly fun)
    Browser
    Documents To Go
    Email Setup Application
    Facebook
    Google Maps
    Help
    LiveSearch
    MemoPad
    Movies
    Pandora
    Password Keeper
    Phone
    Tasks
    TeleNav GPS
    V Cast Music | Rhapsody
    Visual Voice Mail
    VZ Navigator
    Word Mole

thats all of em, doing a bat. pull, and I'll post up the memory again in a few.

Definitely load up .151. It is so much better. I had the same problem you did and I got .151 and it makes a huuuuuge difference. No more memory leak!
    08-11-09 11:39 PM
    Heres the link for .151
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Enter the characters and then click download, then click regular download

Then follow this for the install and see what you think of the new OS.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/cr...s-load-273332/
    08-11-09 11:40 PM
    All those apps...but no Quickpull? Get this app and set it to run daily when ur asleep. Runs MUCH faster

08-11-09 11:41 PM
    agreed .151 is a lot better for me with mem mgmt...only thing is which theme do you use? as .151 has some theme compatability issues
    08-11-09 11:41 PM
    I guess your storm just doesn't like you. You should treat it better by doing battery pulls more often and keeping its OS up to date, I also think itnwould like you more if you didn't have so many apps

yea, I was doing a battery pull everday, some days multiple times (didn't know if it was good or bad... just had a friend who has a BB tell me to) then when it got buggy, I did it once, but wasn't sure why it was acting up, so I just didn't do it. And I'm getting rid of a lot of those apps right now.
    Definitely load up .151. It is so much better. I had the same problem you did and I got .151 and it makes a huuuuuge difference. No more memory leak!
    how do you change OS? through the wireless update thing or what?

ALSO, app free space jumped to 23.5MB
    08-11-09 11:43 PM
    HEY mods if I can not say *****, or stupid, why in the heck is the title of the post not changed?
    08-11-09 11:44 PM
    a few posts up has the link to donwload .151 and also the instructions for installing
    08-11-09 11:44 PM
    1) thanks for the link to the OS
    2) I'm using the theme that it had when I got it... how do you change, cuz it only has the default one in "themes" in settings.
    3) I'll get quickpull when I get done with deleting the apps
    4) dont ***** in my thread, although I agree that if you're going to bring up the title, you should at least do something about it. long as this thread stays open, IDC what the title is.
    08-11-09 11:46 PM
    yea, I was doing a battery pull everday, some days multiple times (didn't know if it was good or bad... just had a friend who has a BB tell me to) then when it got buggy, I did it once, but wasn't sure why it was acting up, so I just didn't do it. And I'm getting rid of a lot of those apps right now.

how do you change OS? through the wireless update thing or what?

ALSO, app free space jumped to 23.5MB
    Look on the first page. I posted the link to download and instructions from crackburglar on how to do it.

It's really easy and will make a BIG difference.
    08-11-09 11:46 PM
    stick with the default theme and just try and upgrade to .151...that combined with deleting some apps and you should be good i dont use quickpull or pull my batt and my phone stays responsive never had mem drop below 35
    08-11-09 11:48 PM
    yea, I'm trying to clear out some of the apps... of the apps that are there, what would I need to keep? I really only care to keep pandora, facebook, movies, browser, and google maps, but I don't want to delete anything important.

EDIT - ok, cool. so is there a link to tell me what apps should stay? I would imagine anything beginning with "BlackBerry?"
    08-11-09 11:48 PM
    Why arent the mods changing the subject, we can not even say *****!
    08-11-09 11:49 PM
    yea, I'm trying to clear out some of the apps... of the apps that are there, what would I need to keep? I really only care to keep pandora, facebook, movies, browser, and google maps, but I don't want to delete anything important.

EDIT - ok, cool. so is there a link to tell me what apps should stay? I would imagine anything beginning with "BlackBerry?"
    You can keep all the apps and you'll be fine. Just use shrink-OS to get rid of languages and a few progams you won't need and everything will be great! Just follow the steps in the link I sent you from Crackburglar and everything will be OK!!
    08-11-09 11:52 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD