why didnt blackberry storm come with wifi?
    12-07-08 06:35 PM
    rim left it out. they said there was no room for the hardware
    12-07-08 06:36 PM
    It amazes me how some of you buy phones this complex without reading a thing about it
    12-07-08 06:37 PM
    Ask God, he might know !
    12-07-08 06:37 PM
    It amazes me how some of you buy phones this complex without reading a thing about it

this amazes you?

people walk into stores a buy 3000 dollar pcs 200 dollar pc's 1500 dollar pc's and don't even know how to turn them on.

why would it amaze you?
    12-07-08 06:39 PM
    this amazes you?

people walk into stores a buy 3000 dollar pcs 200 dollar pc's 1500 dollar pc's and don't even know how to turn them on.

why would it amaze you?

I guess expecting common sense from consumers is to much
    12-07-08 06:40 PM
    No wifi is no biggie to me.... I have it on my work HTC phone and never use it.
    12-07-08 06:49 PM
    People are still asking this question? Really? Wow!
    12-07-08 07:01 PM
    dont need it VZW has best 3 g network out there
    12-07-08 07:02 PM
    They left it out for the same reason that you didn't search for this before make this thread... Even though its there, there are only an elite few actually know how to use it. So why bother having it.
    Last edited by Clover86; 12-08-08 at 09:06 AM.
    12-07-08 07:08 PM
    who really needs wifi tho....come on!
    12-07-08 07:10 PM
    my question is: Why wifi?

guys with iphones and g1s at work can't give me a good answer. using my phone to control my computer isn't a good reason and no phone can compare to my laptop when it comes to web surfing.
    12-07-08 07:15 PM
    Yeah I've had it on past phones and NEVER use it. 3G is fast and everywhere I ever am.
    12-07-08 07:15 PM
    I had wifi on my iphone, never used it so i know I won't miss it now especially since Verizons network is so much faster then att anyway
    12-07-08 07:18 PM
    Wifi is so overrated.

I pay alot of money for mobile broadband for a reason. I dont want to deal with wifi hotspots, etc.

plus evdo rev a is pretty damn fast.

I will admit that wifi COULD come in handy for transfering files to the device, but a usb wire is not hard to grab.
    12-07-08 07:21 PM
    RIM was here on crackberry two years ago when they were designing the Storm. They were considering adding wifi and polled the readers. The vote came to a toss up: 2 votes for, 2 votes against, 3 votes don't care. So they decided to go with no wifi.

Why doesn't the Storm come with Wifi? I blame posters like you, who didn't vote for it two years ago! It's all YOUR fault!
    12-07-08 07:42 PM
    RIM was here on crackberry two years ago when they were designing the Storm. They were considering adding wifi and polled the readers. The vote came to a toss up: 2 votes for, 2 votes against, 3 votes don't care. So they decided to go with no wifi.

Why doesn't the Storm come with Wifi? I blame posters like you, who didn't vote for it two years ago! It's all YOUR fault!

Great point! Nicely done.
    12-07-08 07:50 PM

your saying only 7 people voted for something that important?

is it true it "wouldnt fit" ??

if not, i wonder how other smaller touch screens fit it along with the same stuff.

like the omnia has evdo rev a readio, 5mp camera, similiar specs, faster proc, simliar screen size, AND WIFI.

like i said though, i dont care if it has wifi or not, i think its not needed on a evdo rev a phone.
    12-07-08 07:51 PM
    The Storm should have Wi-Fi and there was no room for it from RIM is a lame excuse. Verizon's network does provide a fast Internet experience, but not even close to a good Wi-Fi set up. I have a BB curve and also and Apple Itouch and the Wi-Fi on the Itouch is much faster than the Curve. Also, Rim needs to help developers port more 'native' applications for the Storm. In this area alone, the IPhone crushes the Storm. I will wait re: Storm version 'xxx' until they get it right.
    12-07-08 08:08 PM
    They are opening their own app store....
    12-07-08 08:18 PM
    The Storm should have Wi-Fi and there was no room for it from RIM is a lame excuse. Verizon's network does provide a fast Internet experience, but not even close to a good Wi-Fi set up. I have a BB curve and also and Apple Itouch and the Wi-Fi on the Itouch is much faster than the Curve. Also, Rim needs to help developers port more 'native' applications for the Storm. In this area alone, the IPhone crushes the Storm. I will wait re: Storm version 'xxx' until they get it right.
    FYI Mevande,

the iphone software crushing the storm is a pretty ridiculous comparison for right now. The phone has only been out a few weeks if you compare the time lines of when the iphone started to get apps it was really to soon for that ,at least for the torrent that is now the iphone store.

however on a side note I hve touched on this before on another thread but the Iphone uses a acctually linux based OS (roots in mandriva i belive) which means it has some advantages over any BB. BB's run in a JVM as the OS so that where the Iphone you can write the app code in anything and as long as you compile it in darwin your golden. With the BB and the JVM its not that simple.

And yes they are opening their own app store soon for the BB.
    12-07-08 08:40 PM
    omg there's no wifi? why didn't anyone mention this??? not a single post about no wifi!!!

hahahahahahahahaha
    12-07-08 08:45 PM
    The only reason that I would ever want wifi is if I go on international travel and don't have access to the Verizon network. Of course, then I'd have a laptop with me anyway...
    12-07-08 09:09 PM
    The only reason that I would ever want wifi is if I go on international travel and don't have access to the Verizon network. Of course, then I'd have a laptop with me anyway...
    And if you RTFM you'll see that it has a SIM card in it for international travel.
    12-07-08 09:12 PM
    And if you RTFM you'll see that it has a SIM card in it for international travel.
    But does that work for data? I thought it was for voice only.

BTW, no need to be an *******.
    12-07-08 09:19 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD