This may be a very silly question, and one that is primarily a Verizon issue.

Let me begin by saying that I am a bit anal as it comes to time. I love for all my clocks and watches to be right on time! I've gone a little overboard by owning about 5 "Atomic" clocks that display the perfect time by resetting the exact time every night via radio transmissions from Denver (I believe) where the official US clock resides.

So I set my Storm to the exact time via the Atomic clock, only to find out that it resets to be "exactly" 4 minutes slower than each atomic clock I own. My guess is that this is a Verizon thing, but I would have expected it to be a few seconds off (maybe even up to a minute) - but 4 minutes??

Am I the only one that has this problem?
    12-25-08 10:43 AM
    sometimes my phone changes the time as well
    12-25-08 10:45 AM
    It resets to whatever time the network is using like your computer if you have it set to be synchronized with government time.
    12-25-08 10:48 AM
    what setting do u have ur clock following?

blackberry or network?

options>date/time>date/time source
    12-25-08 10:50 AM
    what setting do u have ur clock following?

blackberry or network?

options>date/time>date/time source
    It's set for network - and it looks like the network time is correct! But my BB is 4 minutes slower.

If I reset it for BB instead of network, will it hold whatever time that I set it for?
    Last edited by TOBASCO; 12-25-08 at 11:03 AM.
    12-25-08 10:58 AM
    Just to add to this -I took a trip to a time zone which was an hour behind and I am set to network time but it did not adjust to the what was current. What gives?
    12-25-08 11:10 AM
    Just to add to this -I took a trip to a time zone which was an hour behind and I am set to network time but it did not adjust to the what was current. What gives?
    Blackberries don't do this. It's documented in the FAQ/HELP forum on the main page. Check into it.
    12-25-08 11:46 AM
    Blame Canada

I too like to sync my watches and clocks and this little bug in the time (Blackberry or Network) bugs me.
    12-25-08 11:51 AM
    My storm's time is about three minutes fast! And it's set to network... I think I'm going to lose it. It's just so close and so far!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 05:40 PM
    Mine is also 3 minutes faster than other verizon phones! Just noticed it the other night.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 05:43 PM
    Is in not because ur settings on BBM are to sync the BB clock with the Computer??? There is an option to change this if it is, i think its on the BBM tho not the phone. Just a suggestion.
    02-03-09 06:29 PM
    We are using the BES for management and the 3 storms we have run fast. I have the server synched to an atomic clock, and it holds time fine.

If you go to the settings on the device, it shows that the time on the network is 3-5 minutes slower, but it still displays the wrong time on the home page and for the device. If you then choose to "update now", it will change the device to the network time, but then eventually gain time by as much as 8 minutes. This is a bit frustrating for those of us that uses this as a time piece, and I feel like there should be a fix for this.

We have BES-4.1.2.25 and 4.7 on the devices.
    Any help is appreciated!
    11-10-09 02:03 PM
    We are using the BES for management and the 3 storms we have run fast. I have the server synched to an atomic clock, and it holds time fine.

If you go to the settings on the device, it shows that the time on the network is 3-5 minutes slower, but it still displays the wrong time on the home page and for the device. If you then choose to "update now", it will change the device to the network time, but then eventually gain time by as much as 8 minutes. This is a bit frustrating for those of us that uses this as a time piece, and I feel like there should be a fix for this.

We have BES-4.1.2.25 and 4.7 on the devices.
    Any help is appreciated!
    Ditto.

What he said.
    11-10-09 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD