Hi
    Due to a battery life that is, well, short, I'm constantly plugging in my phone in the morning to charge it. It takes a couple minutes to (I'm guessing) get enough juice to power up and I let it sit there on my desk or car until hours later I wonder why no emails have come in?! Well, seems like each time this happens the phone will re-boot but the antenna will be turned off! is there a setting I can change to make the antenna turn on with the rest of the phone? Or is it an os glitch? I'm running .76 on verizon.
    Thanks!
    Mike
    04-08-09 10:43 AM
    I noticed this too. I use the auto on/off to turn the phone off between 1:00am and 6:00am to save battery life. Sometime if I leave my phone pluged into the AC charger overnight, in the morning when I take my phone off the charger, the network will be turned off. Don't know why and it doesn't always happen. Just something I have to keep an eye out for. If anyone knows why or how to fix it besides upgraded the OS (I'm still hoping for an official release soon) I would appreciate the input.
    04-08-09 11:20 AM
    Same problem here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 11:51 AM
    I've got the same problem. I never noticed if it only happened when it charged overnight or if it didn't need to be on the charger to happen. Either way, it does it occassionally. It's not like it is extremely difficult to fix, but it is slightly annoying.
    04-08-09 12:11 PM
    When the battery dies it shuts the antenna down to save battery! so when u start it back up the antenna will be off
    04-08-09 12:33 PM
    Thanks for telling me I'm not alone. I agree that its not hard to fix, my only issue with it was that I never think to turn (or even check) if the antenna is on after a reboot. I guess I'll just live with it and see if the next official release solves this. Until then, I'll try the auto shut off and on function so I don't drain the bat so often.
    Thanks.
    Mike
    04-08-09 12:53 PM
    When the battery dies it shuts the antenna down to save battery! so when u start it back up the antenna will be off
    I have had the same thing happen a few times - and it's not just when the battery dies. I charge my phone nearly every night as well - most nights the battery is down to 30 or 40 % life left. Every so often, the antenna is off - have to do a battery pull to get it working again. When I go to the manage connections took and try to turn the radio back on, it just turns itself back off. Only a battery pull works for me.

And by the way, I'm on .113 now, but have had this happen with other OSs as well.

Must be a glitch somewhere, but at least there's a work around.
    04-08-09 01:13 PM
    I have had the same thing happen a few times - and it's not just when the battery dies. I charge my phone nearly every night as well - most nights the battery is down to 30 or 40 % life left. Every so often, the antenna is off - have to do a battery pull to get it working again. When I go to the manage connections took and try to turn the radio back on, it just turns itself back off. Only a battery pull works for me.

And by the way, I'm on .113 now, but have had this happen with other OSs as well.

Must be a glitch somewhere, but at least there's a work around.
    It happened to me again today and this was two night in a row now. Yesterday I didn't use my phone that much so there was around 50% battery life when I went to bed. Since I had plenty of batt life I didn't even bother to charge it knowing that the phone would shut off for most of the night and save the batt life I had. When I reached for my phone this morning, the network was turned off.

There has to be something that is causing this. I wonder if an app is to blame?
    04-09-09 07:58 AM
    It happened to me again today and this was two night in a row now. Yesterday I didn't use my phone that much so there was around 50% battery life when I went to bed. Since I had plenty of batt life I didn't even bother to charge it knowing that the phone would shut off for most of the night and save the batt life I had. When I reached for my phone this morning, the network was turned off.

There has to be something that is causing this. I wonder if an app is to blame?
    Wow...two nights in a row ?? I've only had it happen a few times. It could be a 3rd party app that somehow conflicts with the OS, but like I said, it doesn't happen frequently enough for me to start dumping apps to figure out which one is the culprit.

Strange.
    04-09-09 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD