How can I put my own phone number in my BB Storm, I have been trying out all sorts of things to try and put my phone number on in.
    It shoes up when I press the call button and under the battery icon it says My number: Unknown number..

how can I change that, ??

Thanks
    01-19-09 04:39 AM
    Mine says unknown number too
    I dunno why you would want to program your number into you contacts! The only thing it would do is go to your voicemail messages.
    01-19-09 04:41 AM
    well I know how to put contacts in my phone, and myself , but i would like to change it to say instead of my number unknown, my phonenumber... Do you know how ?
    01-19-09 04:46 AM
    How can I put my own phone number in my BB Storm, I have been trying out all sorts of things to try and put my phone number on in.
    It shoes up when I press the call button and under the battery icon it says My number: Unknown number..

Thanks
    Hm, that's a bit strange. You could try calling the number that programs your phone. That would probably fix it. Otherwise, it might be an error with your SIM card. Don't know :/

If all fails, a battery pull may be in order.
    01-19-09 04:47 AM
    I have tried both but it wont work, when I just bought the phone, I transferd my number from sim to the phone itself, tried battery pull and calling the phone number to opperate my phone.
    But I dont think its a bugg or something because I have never had the option asked to put in my phone number,

Is there no simpel wy to do it?
    01-19-09 04:51 AM
    Mine says unknown number too
    01-19-09 04:53 AM
    I just can not see what you are trying to do! A little better explaination would be great! I may be a little slow! You cannot call your own number from the same phone cause the provider will not allow it! The ony time that you need to call your own number is for checking your voicemail.
    01-19-09 05:00 AM
    I just can not see what you are trying to do! A little better explaination would be great! I may be a little slow! You cannot call your own number from the same phone cause the provider will not allow it! The ony time that you need to call your own number is for checking your voicemail.
    What he is saying is that when he is trying to make a call, the phone will not display his phone number. Hit the "talk" button on your Storm. At the top left is the battery icon. Underneath that, it says "My Number..." It should go on to display your phone number.

However, for some reason, his doesn't. We've got 2 Vodaphone subscribers with the same issue, so maybe another Vodaphone Storm owner may know a fix? I still think it has something to do with the SIM card. I mean if you can receive calls, then the phone must be aware of its number. Have you called Vodaphone yet?
    01-19-09 05:06 AM
    Ok got ya thanks!
    01-19-09 05:08 AM
    If you go to options, Advanced Options, then SIM Card it should have Phone Number then Unknown Number (Line 1) press the blackberry button then select edit SIM Phone Number, this works some times but then occaisionaly it looses the number - think this is a Vodaphone thing.
    01-19-09 05:12 AM
    Thank you, it worked for me
    01-19-09 05:20 AM
    If you go to options, Advanced Options, then SIM Card it should have Phone Number then Unknown Number (Line 1) press the blackberry button then select edit SIM Phone Number, this works some times but then occaisionaly it looses the number - think this is a Vodaphone thing.
    Good explanation
    I think it's a Vodaphone thing for now since you guys are using SIM cards. Once CDMA using Storm owners start traveling and using their SIM cards, we may hear this topic a few more times....or not

It probably just has to be done manually for now, but maybe some T-Mobile or AT&T people who unlocked the Storm have had the same problem?
    01-19-09 05:26 AM

Thanks
    Mine had same prob. Once I got sms saying "your handheld is registered with network", I did battery pull and ever since then my # shows up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 06:46 AM
    Good explanation
    I think it's a Vodaphone thing for now since you guys are using SIM cards. Once CDMA using Storm owners start traveling and using their SIM cards, we may hear this topic a few more times....or not

It probably just has to be done manually for now, but maybe some T-Mobile or AT&T people who unlocked the Storm have had the same problem?
    Another Vodafone user here... also had that "problem" before I manually keyed in my number as suggested by Swardy. I too am using my old SIM.
    01-19-09 07:17 AM
    Thanks, worked for me

Got a message straight after doing this saying that my blackberry is now registered
    01-19-09 07:28 AM
    YES Brilliant , it works that was the only option that passed my mind, thank god for forums, nobody from vodafone know anything about the storm in the netherlands.
    I work in a telecom shop, and I'm the only blackberry fan there,
    I always try to sell the blackberry storm with vodafone contract, but it costs to much for custumers,

I bought mine without a contract for � 400 euro's with 2 year garranty and insurance.

Love the phone
    01-19-09 09:29 AM

Thanks
    If you want your number to show up under battery dial ##000000 hit send in the screen enter your phone number in mobile directory hit menu button save. Phone will then reboot.
    01-19-09 09:32 AM
    My Storm has been unlocked and working on T-Mobile for about a month and a half. When I push the Green phone key, I still see the "old" Verizon number where it says "My number."
    I went into "Advanced Options" and edited my SIM card phone number (which was already correct) - even deleted it and re-typed it in.
    Registered with the T-Mobile network again, sent service books and did battery pulls. Nothing changes that number. I'm pretty sure that it is just a "Verizon" or "CDMA" thing and I have just learned to live with it.
    Everything works great - my browser is fine (though not as quick as when I used the Storm on Verizon) - but all messenger features, SMS, MMS and Web work great.
    01-19-09 02:04 PM
    My Storm has been unlocked and working on T-Mobile for about a month and a half. When I push the Green phone key, I still see the "old" Verizon number where it says "My number."
    I went into "Advanced Options" and edited my SIM card phone number (which was already correct) - even deleted it and re-typed it in.
    Registered with the T-Mobile network again, sent service books and did battery pulls. Nothing changes that number. I'm pretty sure that it is just a "Verizon" or "CDMA" thing and I have just learned to live with it.
    Everything works great - my browser is fine (though not as quick as when I used the Storm on Verizon) - but all messenger features, SMS, MMS and Web work great.
    if its a CDMA verizon phone you can dial ##000000 and hit send and it will bring you to a screen to enter your number. If its on telus you need to figure out your MSL password in order to change it. If you need help with that let me know and ill get you the information for obtaining it.
    01-19-09 02:11 PM
    Thanks, Rolandj. I had done that - but I must have hit the ESCAPE key and discarded the changes instead of hitting the MENU key and selecting "Save Changes."

My Storm reset and the correct number is now showing up - well done!
    01-19-09 04:29 PM
    If you want your number to show up under battery dial ##000000 hit send in the screen enter your phone number in mobile directory hit menu button save. Phone will then reboot.
    This will not work on vodafone though
    01-20-09 01:58 PM
    I dunno why you would want to program your number into you contacts! The only thing it would do is go to your voicemail messages.
    You put your name, number other contrct info in because, you can send it to other in contact list as a vcard, instead having to type it out all over again.
    01-20-09 02:07 PM
    hooray thank you so much, this has been annoying me for months
    07-22-14 03:27 PM