So the other day I check my contacts list and....... It's completely wiped out. Gone. Vanished.

Anyone have any insights into why this would happen? Is it a glitch or something else?

My BB is connected to BES and the only contacts left are e-mail addresses which are stored on my work machine.
    04-05-09 02:44 PM
    Go to Contacts>Menu>Filter. Are any of these boxes checked? If so, uncheck them all.
    04-05-09 02:46 PM
    So the other day I check my contacts list and....... It's completely wiped out. Gone. Vanished.

Anyone have any insights into why this would happen? Is it a glitch or something else?

My BB is connected to BES and the only contacts left are e-mail addresses which are stored on my work machine.
    BES overwrites all the stuff on the phone. So, if you just recently added to BES, congrats, you overwrote the phone contacts with the ones on your work email account... blame your admin on this.
    04-05-09 02:54 PM

The IT Department triumphs again over common sense and civility.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 03:34 PM
    No no no. I been on BES for over 2 months and everything was fine and dandy. Earlier this week my contacts went POOF!

And I looked into the contact filter options and none of those boxes are checked.

I know memory leaks have been notorious for wiping out people's e-mails and messages.... But contacts list......?
    04-05-09 03:50 PM
    Does your contact list synchronize via BES with any corporate lists like MS Exchange or Outlook ? If so, have you checked those applications to see if your address book is still intact there? This is how it works for me with BES. It synchronizes with MS Outlook (via Exchange).

Good luck.
    04-05-09 03:59 PM
    please tell me you backed up your phone sometime in the last 2 months?

If so then you should be able to go restore the contacts from there. I suspect is is as someone pointed out, your phone is set to sync with your work computer, and your work computer is set to override. I have mine on BIS set to sync both ways, that means all the contacts from my phone go to computer and visa versa.
    04-05-09 04:04 PM
    Yeah, my firm uses Lotus Notes E-mail (IBM program). My BB as far as I know has always synched automatically since I had put it on BES. But I never had this issue.

David Copperfield came and took my contacts list.

Actually I been lazy and never installed the desktop manager on my home PC. I have an Excel spreadsheet with all my contacts #'s, PIN #'s, e-mail addresses lol.

I just want to know what I can do to maybe prevent another similar occurrence in the future.
    Last edited by Mr. Marco; 04-05-09 at 04:07 PM.
    04-05-09 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD