it's true, its just the 'mob mentality'

these reviews come out saying something and then all of a sudden EVERYONE thinks it.
    Right... Or it could be because all told today I spent over an hour with 2 seperate Storms today and I actualy don't like it. Trust me I wanted to like it - I was DYING to like it. It just wasn't practical for what I use a Blackberry for - email.
    11-20-08 07:40 PM
    Have you used one? I would love to hear your opinion...
    You clearly did not read my previous post so ill simplify it for you.

I was proving a point that this forum has been flooded by negative reviews and comments. Quite frankly, the main fan base of this phone, and the the Blackberry in general, doesn't care.

Were all going to purchase this phone and try it out for ourselves. Nothing you say will "sway" the passion that these fans/users have towards this device or all other BB devices for that matter.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, and don't take this personally because it applies to about 99% of the people who signed up for this website today...but, enough is enough. We don't care about what you people say. We will let our own expirences judge the verdict of this phone.

And cut us a little slack here. Your just being a kill joy by posting things that are already known issues and have been talked about here forever.
    Last edited by LetMeClearMyThroat; 11-20-08 at 07:43 PM.
    11-20-08 07:41 PM
    Right... Or it could be because all told today I spent over an hour with 2 seperate Storms today and I actualy don't like it. Trust me I wanted to like it - I was DYING to like it. It just wasn't practical for what I use a Blackberry for - email.
    did you read the reviews before or after you played with it? I'm not saying you have to like it, just don't force your opinions on others or follow what people write.
    11-20-08 07:41 PM
    Hmmm.....

Wanting people to "form their own opinion" versus "want[ing] to sway people from standing in line" sounds like a contradiction to me?
    Try the phone for yourself and form your own opinion. Just don't be a complete moron and wait outside a VZW store at 7am freezing your *** off to get a crack at it. If you try it and like it get it next week or via telesales.
    11-20-08 07:42 PM
    The point is, most people on this site have followed the phone for quite some time. As a result, they've most likely made up their decision that they are going to get up early and go to their local Verizon store, order online or through telesales, wait a couple of days, or completely pass on the phone. Your post of why you will not be getting a storm is not going to convince anyone at this hour.

Bluntly put, if I made a post about why I wanted the Storm, would it convince you otherwise?
    Last edited by SteveO3913; 11-20-08 at 07:48 PM.
    11-20-08 07:42 PM
    You clearly did not read my previous post so ill simplify it for you.

I was proving a point that this forum has been flooded by negative reviews and comments. Quite frankly, the main fan base of this phone, and the the Blackberry in general, doesn't care.

Were all going to purchase this phone and try it out for ourselves. Nothing you say will "sway" the passion that these fans/users have towards this device or all other BB devices for that matter.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, and don't take this personally because it applies to about 99% of the people who signed up for this website today...but, enough is enough. We don't care about what you people say. We will let our own expirences judge the verdict of this phone.
    Believe it or not I couldn't agree with you more. Just because it is not a practical device for me doesn't mean tons of BB users won't. I'm just trying to save people time and frustration of standing in line in the freezing cold sipping their Starbucks to "TRY" it. Stores will have plenty next week.
    11-20-08 07:44 PM
    Here is another thread you started 11-18-2008, 11:36 PM -
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/pla...tonight-97312/

"Nooone should be concerned about adjusting to the click screen. I have been a BB user for years and it was no problem getting adjusted. ".
    Am I missing something here?
    11-20-08 07:45 PM

Thats sounds fishy to me.
    11-20-08 07:47 PM
    did you read the reviews before or after you played with it? I'm not saying you have to like it, just don't force your opinions on others or follow what people write.
    The only reason I went to the stores today was because I DID read the reviews. I was already sold on the device and couldn't fathom how anyone could not like it. Trust me I couldn't wait to come back and say how full of **** BGR and CNET were. Trust me I have been driving my wife crazy with talk of this phone - I'm actually pissed that I didn't like it.

good point... are you bipolar? if you are, its ok. It just makes this thread more understandable.

OR my mob mentality theory is correct and you didnt mind it before the reviews but after the reviews you despised it.
    Thats sounds fishy to me.
    I only got to play with it for a few minutes before the rep insisted that he had to leave with it. I mostly typed on Suretype and it was not bad at all.
    11-20-08 07:50 PM
    good point... are you bipolar? if you are, its ok. It just makes this thread more understandable.

OR my mob mentality theory is correct and you didnt mind it before the reviews but after the reviews you despised it.
    Take it for what it is Brosef... I think odds are you too will think it fell short.
    11-20-08 07:52 PM
    I got to play with one very briefly in the store today and I do not think that I would call the keyboard cramped, at least not in landscape mode. I personally thought, in landscape mode it was very comfortable. Now I have larger than normal hands. A size 12 ring finger. You can imagine the thumb.

The only odd thing that I saw/felt was that it was a "virtual keyboard" that you had to depress. I say that because I have actually become quite quick on my sons iTouch at typing. That keyboard is much closer than the Storm's I believe. I know that I kept wanting to just touch the keys instead of depressing them, but after a few minutes it became much more comfortable.

I do think it is like you said that you need to play with it for a bit and see if you think that you can get past the "different" feel of it or not. I personally think that I can.
    11-20-08 07:52 PM
    Take it for what it is Brosef... I think odds are you too will think it fell short.
    Will I think its perfect? No, but I wasn't expecting a first generation, first of its kind (for RIM) phone to be perfect. I have played with it, and I do like it. If you wish, I can tell you that tomorrow to. It will take getting used to as do all phones, computers, keyboards of all shapes and sizes. I have a tiny computer so my keyboard is small and when I go to normal desktops I mess up the keys a lot because its not what I'm used to, doesn't mean I stop using it because I'm frustrated.
    11-20-08 07:56 PM
    oh my god, its just a phone and we live in america....freedom of speech, for now anyway. its his opinion, you all b**ch way to much, if this thread is so pointless quit replying to it every chance you get.
    11-20-08 08:10 PM
    Originally Posted by redenfield
    The screen is a hot mess - period.

Are you referring to a baby's diaper????
    11-20-08 08:12 PM
    Freedom of speech, but stop giving your 2 cents?

I'm confused...
    11-20-08 08:14 PM
    senseless....
    11-20-08 08:16 PM
    I just used one, and while the keyboard wasn't amazing, it wasn't all that bad either. Here's my uncensored opinion: The main strength of the iPhone's keyboard, imho, is it's potential for speed and the pop-up letters.

However, using an iPod touch, I can't emphasize enough how much i want to "click" something. It gets really old to just run your finger across a piece of glass. It may be responsive, but not so enjoyable. The storm's QWERTY and SureType keyboards offer a much more satisfying, albeit slow experience.

I can't really disagree with any of the reviews. If Messaging is your #1 priority, either A) get the bold, or B) wait for the Niagara. BUT, if you aren't an insanely heavy texter or emailer, this phone should be great.

Verizon Network + Solid Multimedia Features + RIM = Great Device for 95% of consumers, including me!
    11-20-08 08:17 PM
    I'm just hoping to sway people from standing in line tomorrow waiting for this phone.
    YOU gotta be joking right? Let the rest of us make the decision.
    11-20-08 08:26 PM
    YOU gotta be joking right? Let the rest of us make the decision.
    My god you're a moron... Why must I keep clarifying my post? Buy the phone - by all means.... Just don't wait in the cold freezing your *** off when you can buy one online or wait untill next week.
    11-20-08 08:44 PM
    LOL, thanks for the complement! Much appreciated!
    11-20-08 08:52 PM
    I'm glad ur not getting it! More for us! Thanks for sharing!
    Right?... more for us thanks....stay home and don't get.
    11-20-08 09:09 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD