The screen is a hot mess - period. I stated earlier that since I don't send too many emails I could bear with it but after spending over 45 minutes on it this afternoon - ugh... It is a royal pain to type anything on that keypad. Browser was great 1XEV was extremely fast and I found scrolling to be quite good.

I am not a power user but have had several BB over the past 4 years and found this to be absolutely terrible. I read all of the reviews yesterday and was praying to be able to prove them wrong. Bottom line - the keyboard is too cramped and the predictive text blows. I'm going to stick with the inferior network in order to have a superior phone (the Bold). Just my opinion - I would hope that everyone will try it for themselves. I'm just hoping to sway people from standing in line tomorrow waiting for this phone.
    11-20-08 07:24 PM
    Ok....ok we get it. Damn...Enough already.
    11-20-08 07:25 PM
    Sounds like you are not a candidate for any touchscreen phones.

Basically every touchscreen QWERTY on the market has less room than the Storm, so if you find that cramped you are basically screwed as far as touchscreen's go
    11-20-08 07:26 PM
    The screen is a hot mess - period. I stated earlier that since I don't send too many emails I could bear with it but after spending over 45 minutes on it this afternoon - ugh... It is a royal pain to type anything on that keypad. Browser was great 1XEV was extremely fast and I found scrolling to be quite good.

I am not a power user but have had several BB over the past 4 years and found this to be absolutely terrible. I read all of the reviews yesterday and was praying to be able to prove them wrong. Bottom line - the keyboard is too cramped and the predictive text blows. I'm going to stick with the inferior network in order to have a superior phone (the Bold). Just my opinion - I would hope that everyone will try it for themselves. I'm just hoping to sway people from standing in line tomorrow waiting for this phone.
    kill joy!
    11-20-08 07:26 PM
    I'm glad ur not getting it! More for us! Thanks for sharing!
    11-20-08 07:27 PM
    I'm just hoping to sway people from standing in line tomorrow waiting for this phone.
    How kind of you!

Although I respect your opinion not to purchase the storm, this post was pointless. Do you really think that someone is not going to buy this phone because of your personal opinion?
    11-20-08 07:27 PM
    The screen is a hot mess - period.
    This forum is a "hot mess" tonight. With all these dooms day, half ***-ed, out of no where, "I just read this on this other bad review", reviews.
    11-20-08 07:28 PM
    I'll probably be crucified for saying this but the iPhone's keyboard is MUCH easier to type on. My wife has had one for almost a year and while I tease her I have to admit it is better than the Storm. Her iPhone will actually correct her misspelled words whereas the STORM could not correct HELLO - that's right HELLO. It kept correcting it to HIJAM - WTF? The salesperson said - "oh all you have to do is go to the dictionary and enter the word". Really? I have to enter HELLO? Wow...
    11-20-08 07:29 PM
    I'll probably be crucified for saying this but the iPhone's keyboard is MUCH easier to type on. My wife has had one for almost a year and while I tease her I have to admit it is better than the Storm. Her iPhone will actually correct her misspelled words whereas the STORM could not correct HELLO - that's right HELLO. It kept correcting it to HIJAM - WTF? The salesperson said - "oh all you have to do is go to the dictionary and enter the word". Really? I have to enter HELLO? Wow...
    AHH! DOOM TO THE WORLD! I DREAD DICTIONARYS!!!!11!one!!1!eleven!!1!
    11-20-08 07:32 PM
    How kind of you!

Although I respect your opinion not to purchase the storm, this post was pointless. Do you really think that someone is not going to buy this phone because of your personal opinion?

Take your glasses off and clean the grime off them and then read again what I wrote. I said that I hope people will form their own opinions but I just want to sway people from standing in line a 7am to try and get one. So was it still pointless genius?
    11-20-08 07:32 PM
    Unfortunately, I agree. The iPhone is easier to type on. The problem is the iPhone stinks as a business phone.

I'm sorry to say that typing on the Storm is just not that good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 07:33 PM
    The screen is a hot mess - period.
    Yeaa... I don't trust a word from anyone who would say the above statement.
    11-20-08 07:33 PM
    This forum is a "hot mess" tonight. With all these dooms day, half ***-ed, out of no where, "I just read this on this other bad review", reviews.
    thank you!!!!
    11-20-08 07:34 PM
    I'm just hoping to sway people from standing in line tomorrow waiting for this phone.
    Thank you..

Swaying people scare me
    11-20-08 07:35 PM
    AHH! DOOM TO THE WORLD! I DREAD DICTIONARYS!!!!11!one!!1!eleven!!1!
    Have you used one? I would love to hear your opinion...
    11-20-08 07:35 PM

it's true, its just the 'mob mentality'

these reviews come out saying something and then all of a sudden EVERYONE thinks it.
    11-20-08 07:36 PM
    The bad reviews are from qwerty users, their expectation is way too high, it is a touch screen device, not for heavy texting anyway. At least I won't spend more than 10 minutes typing something on a phone.
    I don't understand why there's like 13 million threads on here from people talking about how they DON'T like the storm for more or less the same reason... if you don't like it... that's great, I'm sorry you were disappointed with RIM's latest and greatest but this is crackberry.com, we've all read the reviews, we've all heard that some people love and some hate it, there's no point in everyone who hates it putting up a brand new thread about it. How would you feel if everyone who loved it put a thread on here saying how much they loved the phone... that would be stupid and redundant
    If you don't like... your loss move on, get a bold
    Yeah... for the first time in awhile, I'm not enjoying Crackberry.
    11-20-08 07:37 PM
    Have you used one? I would love to hear your opinion...
    says the person who called the screen a 'hot mess'
    Yeaa... I don't trust a word from anyone who would say the above statement.

While the screen resolution is greater than the Bold - any reviewer will agree that the Bold's screen is more crisp. What I meant by the above statement is that the click through technology blows. Go try it - you will see.
    While the screen resolution is greater than the Bold - any reviewer will agree that the Bold's screen is more crisp. What I meant by the above statement is that the click through technology blows. Go try it - you will see.
    I have -- I enjoy it
    11-20-08 07:38 PM
    Take your glasses off and clean the grime off them and then read again what I wrote. I said that I hope people will form their own opinions but I just want to sway people from standing in line a 7am to try and get one. So was it still pointless genius?
    Hmmm.....

Wanting people to "form their own opinion" versus "want[ing] to sway people from standing in line" sounds like a contradiction to me?
    11-20-08 07:39 PM
    and also the bold has half VGA resolution while the storm doesnt, so it is more crisp.
    your fingers are to fat
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD