Folks, I'm fairly new to the blackberry scene and i've got myself a blackberry storm with verizon.

Lately i've been having a lot of issues with the phone sporadically resetting itself. I'll be in mid conversation through BB Messenger and it'll just reset. Likewise, there are occasions when the device is in my pocket and it will do the same thing when i pull it out. I am aware of removing the battery to reset, and do so regularly.

I'm just curious if anyone knows why it resets itself so often, especially while chatting on BBMessenger.

Thanks
    04-19-09 01:02 PM
    Its generally accepted that .75 is the cause of the bbm reset. However other 3rd party apps could have the same effects. Make sure there aren't any apps running in the background.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 01:21 PM
    how do i make sure that the apps aren't running?
    04-19-09 01:25 PM
    1) when you're done using am app, hit the bb button>close

2) hold down the bb button to get the "switch applications screen" and go through and close em all. On my phone browser, phone, messages, a "home" home icon and any I.M. apps (bbm and yahoo for me). They stay open so they'll always be there.

04-19-09 01:29 PM
    thanks so much
    04-19-09 01:30 PM
    Welcome.

04-19-09 01:30 PM
    Not only that - but its a known software issue. I had to have mine replaced on Wednesday because of it.
    04-19-09 01:34 PM
    If it's a Software issue, what would "replacing"it do?
    04-19-09 01:38 PM
    If it's a Software issue, what would "replacing"it do?
    Holy Feck! Logic!!!!
    04-19-09 01:41 PM
    I appreciate everyone's feedback, however the issue still remains that some days the device is fine, and then today it decided to reset itself about 6 times. Does this still fall under the software category?
    04-19-09 01:41 PM
    I appreciate everyone's feedback, however the issue still remains that some days the device is fine, and then today it decided to reset itself about 6 times. Does this still fall under the software category?
    Yes upgrade the OS and it should stop the random resets.

04-19-09 01:49 PM
    when i attempt upgrades, it informs me that i have the latest version.
    04-19-09 01:51 PM
    when i attempt upgrades, it informs me that i have the latest version.
    You need to read the OS forum starting with the first Sticky at the top of the page:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/
    04-19-09 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD