when my storm is on the coffee table , desk etc, and locked the screen will dim to black after 10 seconds but every min or couple minutes it wil light up to the blue lock screen and then dim back out al it does is burn battery life. does anyone else have this problem, whats the fix??
    01-01-09 07:45 PM
    had that same problem earlier today.. did a battery pull and it finally stopped thank god.
    01-01-09 08:12 PM
    when my storm is on the coffee table , desk etc, and locked the screen will dim to black after 10 seconds but every min or couple minutes it wil light up to the blue lock screen and then dim back out al it does is burn battery life. does anyone else have this problem, whats the fix??
    Oh there's a reason. There's always a reason. It might not be what you want to hear (like its defective) but there's a reason......

What do you mean it lights up for no reason? like its sitting on the table with nothing near it at all and the screen just goes on?

There could be a number of reasons. Do you have an application open that might refresh on its own?
    01-01-09 08:20 PM
    yah the screen just lights up then dims out , the only apps i have are youtube facebook flicker weather eye viggo and autolock
    01-01-09 08:24 PM
    Mine does this occasionally if I forget to fully close an app after I'm done using it. I just pull up the app switcher from the main screen, close everything, and that seems to resolve the issue.
    01-01-09 08:25 PM
    mine does that when in clock mode.... it would dim then sometimes it would brighten up. I believe its the light sensor.... maybe?
    01-01-09 08:31 PM
    Not familiar w/Weather Eye but my Weather Bug will log on & download new data every 30 min (or whatever I set it to). Maybe that's cause to light up? I'll have to watch mine now...
    01-02-09 03:17 AM
    When mine isn't in use I keep it in the case that came with my Storm. Well until I buy a new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 04:41 AM
    Funny thing is, same thing just happened to me a little bit ago im laying in bed on my laptop and my storm just randomly lit up like it was gonna start ringing than just faded.
    01-02-09 05:00 AM
    Note that the Black berry may keep lighting up for a number of reasons like defective product or trying to connect to a device - like if you leave the blue tooth on for example ...But the most common reason is leaving an application open and running in the back ground like having a number of videos open in you tube application ...the black berry will light up to remind you that it is waiting for a command from you .... in a way but can drain a battery faster so please close all apps when not in use.
    05-21-13 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD