If you can't save contacts to it (most use DM for backing them up.) It doesn't help with App Memory. Ringtones and all other media is saved on your Media card... What really is the point other than newbies transferring old contacts onto their new BB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 02:18 PM
    Device memory will hold contacts, and your SIM card holds contacts as well. Global support is programed into your SIM card. (I remember upon booting up for the first time it had asked me if I wanted to transfer SIM contacts over)

I'm kind of going out on a limb here, because I'm not too sure what you're trying to ask. (My brain isn't functioning much.. it's the 4th you know.. )
    07-04-09 02:23 PM
    I don't really understand this question. Device memory and a sim card are two different things. What is your question?
    07-04-09 06:45 PM
    yeah i dont understand the question either. who told you that you cant store your contacts on your sim card?
    07-04-09 06:52 PM
    He's saying everything he saves, it saves it to his memory card, so what's the point of device memory.

Ill let you guys take that one.

07-05-09 01:58 AM
    Well he can set stuff up to save to the device memory. If there are wallpapers or ringtones he wants to keep, while possibly having the flexibility to swap SD cards he can save them to the device memory. PLus its just an extra GB of storage, why would we complain about that?
    07-05-09 09:33 AM
    Also bear in mind that Verizon provided the 8gb SD card. Most (all?) other carriers of the Storm did not. So, everything that you are saving to the SD card would, for non-Verizon users, be getting saved to the device memory (unless, of course, they purchased their own SD cards).
    07-05-09 09:44 AM
    Because 1st and foremost, BB's are designed for corporate use. For security reasons companies that issues BB's to their employees don't want sensitive data to be saved to the SD card. Otherwise that sensitive data can be easily transported to a non-company device/pc.

07-05-09 10:26 AM
    The sim card is provided so that the phone can be used internationally or on gsm networks. No use for cdma.

07-05-09 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD