Ok, I have to admit I really like the Storm. Why? I am still trying to figure it out. I've had 2 and either sold them or traded them. I'm now about to pick up my third. Mind you I already have a Bold. I love my Bold but something about the Storm. I like its form factor its weight and that click from the screen. Its also fun to watch movies on. My last Storm I updated to the new 5.0 OS and it was hawt. I traded it for a mytouch just to see what the Android hype was about. Well that lasted two weeks. Now, I miss my Storm. I found another on craigslist that's a refurb still in the plastic. OMG, I have a crackberry problem!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 10:35 AM
    On a side note I am eligible for an upgrade thru T-mobile and I played with the new Bold 9700. Awsome phone but I also went and played with a Storm at Verizon. 9700 is awsome in features. The Storm still "feels" good. Heavy. Solid. Metal.

11-24-09 10:37 AM
    lol. There is definitely something about the Storm. Especially with 5.0. Giving the Droid a run and if for some reaosn didn't really dig it, I know I'd go straight back to a Storm. Hence the fact that I'm still browsing these forums. LMAO
    11-24-09 11:03 AM
    Because everything Android based has either a sever eating disorder or Jay Leno's chin hanging off of it...lol. Just saying, android phones always seem to be the most utterly unattractive bunch of TOYS ever....lol
    11-24-09 11:18 AM
    Because its a love hate relationship like mines....... Sometimes I hate the lag or the virtual keyboard but then I look at my old device my voyager and its lack of usability and I'd be nuts to trade.. Was thinking of upgrading to the 9550 or the droid. But my friend had a G1 (currently a 9530 user :-)) and I just never digged the android OS. tried the droid at the vzw but find it confusing to use like the g1 and the s2 well..... I hate the screen so I'm gonna hold out until Mr T comes out. Prob next December

11-24-09 11:25 AM
    You are addicted to the click! Try the storm2 next, it's a huge improvement over the original. You don't really realize it until you use the new one!

11-24-09 11:31 AM
    Yeah. The click and the form/weight. It just feels like a tank in my hands.

11-24-09 11:48 AM
    i hear ya.... just upgraded to 5.0 yesterday and i cant seem to put it down .....
    11-24-09 12:38 PM
    A lot of people despise it but I think its got the perfect balance. Touch/click screen. Heavier, metal back, and its a Berry.

11-24-09 01:18 PM
    Why do I keep going back to the Storm?
    You are a glutton for punishment?
    11-24-09 01:22 PM
    The same thing happenned to me.
    I put my Bold on the side when I got my Storm (the storm was suppose to be a back-up).
    11-24-09 01:45 PM
    You are addicted to the click! Try the storm2 next, it's a huge improvement over the original. You don't really realize it until you use the new one!

i prefer the s1 screen click to the mushy feeling of the s2.
    11-24-09 02:33 PM
    You are a glutton for punishment?
    Actually I didn't have any issues as severe as others. I used a business card to fix the click screen on the first. On the second one I upgraded to 5.0 and it was heavenly. I only got rid of it to try out the Android and 3g service here. It was cool. Apps where fun and useful. The mytouch just felt like a toy phone. Didn't feel "right" in my hands. I played with the new Bold 9700 and honeslty I didn't like the feel of it either. Not saying I may still get one once the price drops but the Storm just feels good to me. Think the movie "Snatch" - heavy is good

11-24-09 02:43 PM
    Actually I didn't have any issues as severe as others. I used a business card to fix the click screen on the first. On the second one I upgraded to 5.0 and it was heavenly. I only got rid of it to try out the Android and 3g service here. It was cool. Apps where fun and useful. The mytouch just felt like a toy phone. Didn't feel "right" in my hands. I played with the new Bold 9700 and honeslty I didn't like the feel of it either. Not saying I may still get one once the price drops but the Storm just feels good to me. Think the movie "Snatch" - heavy is good

I agree. I was just joking.

I think Verizon should have taken business cards, or pieces of cardboard, and package them as an accessory to fix the screen issue!
    11-24-09 03:32 PM
    i love the 5.0...made me cant stop playing with it
    11-24-09 03:50 PM
    I am happy with my Storm(s). I am on number 3. Wish I would have kept the original. Only problem it ever had was getting a lot of dust under the screen. Its replacement was replaced the next day with this one I am using. PC could never detect that second one. Now I am getting dust under the screen of this one and I just got it to where I am happy with apps and set up. I hate to start over again!

11-24-09 03:52 PM
    So glad I am not alone on this! I had gotten to a point where I was so annoyed with my Storm...lags, circuit/channel errors and not being able to dial out, and the virtual keyboard was a monster to use sometimes. I swore up and down I would ditch it for the next best BB, and I picked up the 9700 the day after they hit the market...so why exactly do I feel the need to pick up and mess around with my Storm at least once every day??? I definitely miss the larger screen...watching videos on it is great. As buggy as it was pre-OS 5.0, it got much better once I upgraded, and the touchscreen is just plain cool. Being the big BB fan I am, there was no way I was going to get an iPhone (or any other toy for that matter) to enjoy that feature. But mostly, as the OP said, it just feels like a solid phone. Mind you, I love the speed of the 9700, but the form factor is smaller than I like in my phones, and there's just something about the Storm that it doesn't have. Oh well, guess I'll be in BlackBerry limbo until I make up my mind for good!
    11-24-09 04:07 PM
    So glad I am not alone on this! I had gotten to a point where I was so annoyed with my Storm...lags, circuit/channel errors and not being able to dial out, and the virtual keyboard was a monster to use sometimes. I swore up and down I would ditch it for the next best BB, and I picked up the 9700 the day after they hit the market...so why exactly do I feel the need to pick up and mess around with my Storm at least once every day??? I definitely miss the larger screen...watching videos on it is great. As buggy as it was pre-OS 5.0, it got much better once I upgraded, and the touchscreen is just plain cool. Being the big BB fan I am, there was no way I was going to get an iPhone (or any other toy for that matter) to enjoy that feature. But mostly, as the OP said, it just feels like a solid phone. Mind you, I love the speed of the 9700, but the form factor is smaller than I like in my phones, and there's just something about the Storm that it doesn't have. Oh well, guess I'll be in BlackBerry limbo until I make up my mind for good!

See, I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes the size and weight of the Storm1. I'm picking it up tonite. Hope its as described in the ad. My dad thinks I'm crazy for not using my upgrade on the 9700 with Black Friday coming up. I may. Its not the price of the phone, its the size and feel. Hey I've waited this long to use my upgrade, can hold on. I've been out of contract with T-mobile since August of 08 Month to Month Customer Loyalty is heaven. Every time I walk into the Tmo store by my house the reps froth over me to upgrade.
    11-24-09 05:27 PM
    I love my Storm. Still original from February. Haven't had ANY of the hardware problems with the screen or buttons. Usually by now I'm dying to get another phone because mine is breaking or wearing down, or just plain horrible. With ole stormie it feels like it will actually last till S3 comes out. I hope DEARLY it doesn't have a physical keyboard. Leave the touchscreen a touchscreen. It MAY have a track ball, which wouldn't be bad.

Oh, and I like the click.
    11-24-09 06:10 PM
    Just picked up another Storm. It feels so solid. I missed the click. I think I may have to do the business card to really get it the way my other Storm was. Just sent away for the unlock code. Should get it by morning. Looks like my Bold may take a back seat again.
    11-24-09 11:09 PM
    love my s1...got the wife her own s1 and she's loving it!
    11-25-09 10:05 AM
    Nice thread. I like my Storm too. I too did not have many of the issues a lot of Storm 1 owners had. Last week I did have to finally replace the original though. The screen just stopped clicking evenly on both sides. I'd had a posit under the batter since February and that made the click feedback better for me. I'm actually using my refurb replacement the same way. I've just gotten used to more feedback with the posit under the battery.

But back to my point I think its the click for me. The screen of course too. Its a great idea for a bb. Which is why I cant imagine using this thing with a physical keyboard. I dont want one. I"m upgrading the the 2 once my upgrade date hits.
    11-25-09 12:58 PM
    Me Too.. Since upgrading to 5.0.328 and adding opera mini 5 beta, this phone rocks and I can't stop flick scrolling the thing. This makes it sooo much easier to use. I've never had any of the probs others have had, maybe lucky I suppose. Oh and I use an elastic band cut into three strips under the battery cover to improve the screen click and gives it some bounce! Got to get the right thickness though, just thin enough to let the door just touch the catch without pressing. Very nice, fast and responsive feel to typing.
    11-25-09 01:26 PM
    Had the chance to get a storm2 and a droid and An eris. At the end of the day I loved my storm and didn't feel the need to go with any of the alternatives

11-25-09 03:05 PM
    That's awsome knowing I'm not the only person lugging around a S1. I even swapped my SIM to my iphone for 2 hours today while out shopping. Soon as I got home I went back on the Storm! BTW while out today all I saw where iphones! I saw one Bold and a 83xx curve. No Storms. Too bad, people here in Missoury don't know what they're missing. Oh and I'm not bashing the iphone. I still have mine for days like this when I'm following behind the lady while she tries on countless pairs of shoes!

11-25-09 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD