Just wondering why i keep getting duplicate messages in my email folder thanks all.
    01-18-09 06:34 PM
    Is it a copy when you send an email or messages you received?
    01-18-09 06:51 PM
    i had the same issue with my gmail account. if u r using BIS, go there and create filter at "From" field and type in your e-mail address, worked for me
    01-18-09 07:22 PM
    its a copy of the same email
    01-18-09 07:48 PM
    i had the same issue with my gmail account. if u r using BIS, go there and create filter at "From" field and type in your e-mail address, worked for me
    I am having this issue with my gmail account. What is BIS. I looked for filters in both messages and gmail folders as well as in options but didn't find any
    01-18-09 07:51 PM
    its a blackberry internet service where you can manage your email account settings if you are using verizon try this
    h t t p s ://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    01-18-09 07:57 PM
    I am having this issue with my gmail account. What is BIS. I looked for filters in both messages and gmail folders as well as in options but didn't find any
    You don't need to log onto your BIS account. You can do it all on your phone. I just figured this out, but go into "setup" on storm...then email settings. Highlight your gmail email and click filters on the bottom (looks like a snowflake). From there create a filter that filters messages from and make sure you type in your gmail email in the "contains" field. Then just enter your password and save and your done!
    01-18-09 08:33 PM
    I have the same problem, but I've already figured out how to create a filter, and it's STILL happening.
    I use GMAIL, it's set as an IMAP (I use more than one computer/BB), and it doesn't matter if I'm typing the email from the BB or the computer, I end up with a copy of that sent email on my BB. Worse yet, it seems to forward allll the drafts (might take more than a minute or two to finish typing an email, so a 'draft' gets created).

The filter on BIS isn't stopping it (tried both case-sensitive and not. Example: MacWizard@ and macwizard@)

Any ideas what I'm missing here??
    01-18-09 08:38 PM
    I just added the filter and I can no longer send from my gmail (laptop) to my BB - It is filtered out. Don't know if I will still recieve two alerts and two emails on my phone.
    01-18-09 09:03 PM
    I just tried it, and it works like a charm. Thanks stiboost21!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 09:08 PM
    no problem...glad i could help.
    01-18-09 10:07 PM
    BIS will only filter messages comming to your device not to your inbox i.e Gmail in order to stop particular messages comming to Gmail you'll have to create filter on gmail e-mail access web.

BTW thanks for the tip with creating filters from device i didnt know that
    peace!
    01-19-09 06:39 AM
    I've followed the instructions above as provided by stiboost21. However, I don't have a Storm - I have a Bold - and I cannot see any 'snowflake' or option to either highlight or otherwise apply filters to my Gmail account via my handset.

Has anyone done this successfully with a Bold, with Vodafone, through their handset?

I hope so: the duplicates are driving me nuts!
    01-21-09 07:00 AM
    I am not sure if the options are the same on the bold since I don't have it, but my roommate has the bold and says the options are completely different. I know he had an AT&T rep take care of the problem through his BIS account, but not through the handheld. I know for a fact the method I used works for the storm, but I have no idea how to take care of it with the bold. I'll get him to post how he did it.
    01-21-09 11:27 AM
    There are two ways to configure a gmail account.
    1. Just type in the email address and password and you are all set to go, except that you have the duplicate email problems.
    2. Set it up this way using the settings from gmail/google and you are all set. Mine now works flawlessly.
    01-21-09 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD