Why is it that I can download as many apps as I want on my ipod touch or my friends iphone, but Im limited on my blackberry?

The ipod touch seems to not have a memory limit where the blackberry does and runs slower the more you use.

Why is that?

What can be done to get more memory?
    04-19-10 07:21 PM
    As a user, you are very limited in what you can do about memory. You can't add application memory to your BlackBerry; RIM's architecture doesn't allow it. You can get a media card and make sure all your media is on it and not in application memory. And there are a few optional components of the OS that you can choose not to install. That's about it.
    04-19-10 07:35 PM
    Nothing, you can't do anything to get more memory. RIM has a design problem when it comes to memory storage. It's an OS/Architecture issue. Apple on the other hand knew ahead of time that they'd need a lot of Flash memory for the OS and for all the apps that would come out. They designed their hardware/OS accordingly.
    04-19-10 07:35 PM
    ...They designed their hardware/OS accordingly.
    can RIM be expected to have an OS like this soon? just curious
    04-19-10 07:42 PM
    i am sure RIM realizes the hinderence in the memory dept. I assume one of these years they will fix it, but OS 6 probably wont be like that right away if ever
    04-19-10 07:49 PM
    and when OS6 come round to be like Apple's device memory, Apple would have developed something far more advanced. Talk about lagging a few years behind!
    04-19-10 08:14 PM
    I'm sure it will be changed at some point. Android has the same limitation at the moment.
    04-19-10 08:18 PM
    I'm sure it will be changed at some point. Android has the same limitation at the moment.
    Supposedly the HTC Incredible no longer has this issue.
    04-19-10 11:16 PM
    i will tell you in 10 days lol
    04-19-10 11:29 PM
    Supposedly the HTC Incredible no longer has this issue.
    Not yet. From the Engadget review:

Droid Incredible review -- Engadget

Storage

In a somewhat new move for Android phone, HTC has equipped the Incredible with 8GB of internal storage as well as a MicroSD slot which can handle an additional 32GB -- giving you a whopping potential 40GB of space for your goods. We love the idea of a hardwired option for content storage, but HTC has some problems with this implementation. Firstly, many apps currently available in the Android Market which utilize an SD card for offloading data aren't able to see the internal storage at all, which means if you drag some APKs you want to install or want to download some data when you're in an app, you're out of luck. It just simply doesn't see it. This was especially problematic with the NYC Bus & Subway Maps application which requires a download of the train maps, and when we tried to run Nesoid (a popular NES emulator), it not only couldn't find ROMs saved on the phone's storage, but it force closed when we tried to move up a directory! This may not seem like a big deal, but more than once when using the phone we hit this brick wall by not having an SD card present. For the $199 price tag on this thing, it wouldn't have killed HTC or Verizon to throw in even a 2GB card to make the transition easier.
    04-20-10 12:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD