I have followed directions you have given others who have had similar problems, but to no avail. I even found my original software disc for Desktop Manager (5.0.01) and downloaded it. That installed fine, but when I click on Media Manager I get an alert saying the operating system does not support it. My intent is to transfer all the photos from the BB Storm 2 not just a few via email as has been suggested to others, besides the Storm 2 is no longer in service. At one time a while back doing a search for help in doing this I came across instructions that worked good without the Desktop Manager, but it limited the amount of photos to be transferred. Upon thinning the herd of photos I got side tracked, and didn't bookmark the instructions. Never found them again. I really would like to resolve this, hopefully you can help.......Thanks RB
    07-29-15 04:03 PM
    Are the photos on a SD card in the Storm 2?
    If so, use USB Mass Storage Mode in the Storage section of the Settings on the Storm 2, then it will act like a thumb drive and show as a removable "drive".
    Or you can pop out the SD card and put it in a USB card reader on the PC.
    Just use Computer on the PC, open the new removable "drive", navigate to the folder with the photos, and copy/paste them off to the PC.

If the Storm 2 doesn't have a SD card and the photos are on the device memory, then plug the Storm 2 into a non-USB3.x port on the PC with a data cable. USB3.x is very flaky with older legacy BlackBerry devices, use a USB2.x port.
    Do not switch on the USB Mass Storage Mode on the Storm 2.
    The PC should detect the Storm 2 and attempt to install drivers, it will need BlackBerry Device Manager drivers.
    As you already have the Desktop Software installed, then the drivers are also installed, just wait for the device drivers to show completed in the system tray.
    DO NOT USE the Desktop Software.
    Instead, open Computer on teh PC and you should see the Storm 2's device memory mounted as a removable "drive".
    From there you can open the "drive" and navigate to the folder with the photos, then just copy/paste them off onto the PC.
    Are the photos on a SD card in the Storm 2?
    If so, use USB Mass Storage Mode in the Storage section of the Settings on the Storm 2, then it will act like a thumb drive and show as a removable "drive".
    Or you can pop out the SD card and put it in a USB card reader on the PC.
    Just use Computer on the PC, open the new removable "drive", navigate to the folder with the photos, and copy/paste them off to the PC.

If the Storm 2 doesn't have a SD card and the photos are on the device memory, then plug the Storm 2 into a non-USB3.x port on the PC with a data cable. USB3.x is very flaky with older legacy BlackBerry devices, use a USB2.x port.
    Do not switch on the USB Mass Storage Mode on the Storm 2.
    The PC should detect the Storm 2 and attempt to install drivers, it will need BlackBerry Device Manager drivers.
    As you already have the Desktop Software installed, then the drivers are also installed, just wait for the device drivers to show completed in the system tray.
    DO NOT USE the Desktop Software.
    Instead, open Computer on teh PC and you should see the Storm 2's device memory mounted as a removable "drive".
    From there you can open the "drive" and navigate to the folder with the photos, then just copy/paste them off onto the PC.
    07-29-15 04:57 PM