I feel severely handicap with the Blackberry one. Some websites it won't let me even scroll down (apple store) and its really making me mad. Why did RIM put hardly any emphasis in making a decent browser? Also, opera and bolt are terrible too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 12:40 AM
    RIM is so far behind when it comes to browsers, and even further behind with their slow servers if we use their browsers.
    06-27-09 01:07 AM
    RIM has a way to go with the browser on the BlackBerry.

But, you can do a few things to help yourself, like your font size, support for java, etc, etc within options...
    06-27-09 02:04 AM
    Is there a list of recomended settings posted round here for optimal performance of the BB browser?

Before upgrading to .148 Opera Mini was about the fastest browser on my storm. But with .148 OM locks my storm up everytime I open it and requires a battery pull to reset the storm.
    06-27-09 02:34 AM
    I feel severely handicap with the Blackberry one. Some websites it won't let me even scroll down (apple store) and its really making me mad. Why did RIM put hardly any emphasis in making a decent browser? Also, opera and bolt are terrible too.

Opera is terrible? lol. I rarely have to use my laptop for anything browser related

06-27-09 02:39 AM
    i wish the phone overall ran as fast as Shazam when the compatibility is disabled lol. it's like using the regular 'ol curve.and it is fast. click click done.

i really wish RIM would sweep the browser up. rendering is slow and so is the loading.

BTW out of the blue im wiping my handheld right as i type this
    options > security options> general settings> BB button> Wipe handheld> check the "include 3rd party apps"

then im gonnna do a jlmcdr wipe lol. wasting the night away
    06-27-09 02:44 AM
    yeah the native browser is slow and no good if you want to use anything but sites optimized for mobile devices

opera is good at rendering normal sites but doesnt make everything work and the touch function is spotty

blah
    06-27-09 02:49 AM
    yeah the native browser is slow and no good if you want to use anything but sites optimized for mobile devices

opera is good at rendering normal sites but doesnt make everything work and the touch function is spotty

blah
    The BB browser is pretty slow, but I find Opera Mini lightning fast... If you could only combine the best of both.

06-27-09 02:55 AM
    I believe it's all about whether java support is on or off, and or if popups is on or off.

I say try it both ways, i.e. on, and off, and see what gives...
    06-27-09 02:57 AM
    The BB browser is pretty slow, but I find Opera Mini lightning fast... If you could only combine the best of both.
    haha yeah its called safari lol

I believe it's all about whether java support is on or off, and or if popups is on or off.

I say try it both ways, i.e. on, and off, and see what gives...
    yeah this will work for some stuff but its just exasperating when theres a problem and someone says "well turn this function off"

when javascript is used in LOTS of webpages. just like the people who go "oh your typing lags, well just turn off spellcheck etc"
    06-27-09 03:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD