Just wondering who does. I had a curve and a pearl for a while and would use them at the gym for music. I never had a single problem. I am now using a storm so I'm hoping it can hold up. I'm spretty sure it can.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 07:14 PM
    I've been using my Storm at the gym for about a month now. No problems at all!
    03-19-09 07:25 PM
    Me too! I need an arm stap tho or maybe those BlueTooth earphones...but I love it!
    03-19-09 07:27 PM
    *Raises Hand* I use Slacker if that counts
    03-19-09 07:28 PM
    I do all the time too, but noticed that when I put it on the little ledge on the keypad of the elliptical machine it freaks out the heart rate monitor! lmao!
    03-19-09 07:28 PM
    I run outside does that count? I have been using the moto S9 and keeping the phone in seidio holster. Works pretty well for the most part. Cuts out a bit in few places, but overally, works nicely with slacker.
    03-19-09 07:30 PM
    I use it while at the gym with my plantronics headset... just got a arm strap too but havent gotten a chance to use it! possibly tomorrow! Only thing that sucks is the text message interruption.. My girl friends Samsung Juke just has a small beep and she can still text! Wish there was a way to implement this for ours!
    03-19-09 07:39 PM
    Same here as the poster up there. I use Slacker. Don't usually listen to rock but it motivates me. Lol

03-19-09 07:44 PM
    As far as the interruption, if you put your phone on silent you won't be interrupted. (At least on slacker)

03-19-09 07:45 PM
    I use mine @ the gym...
    03-19-09 08:03 PM
    I saw a Storm take a ride on a treadmill today; I thought the dude was going to break his arse trying to get if before it hit the floor. Good times
    03-19-09 08:06 PM
    wow.. i was scared to use my storm in the gym.. but after reading all of these post, i might just give a try.
    03-19-09 08:06 PM
    I don't listen to music when I am working out in gym, because I rather have a nice conversation with the girl next to me.
    03-19-09 08:11 PM
    hahahah i just (literally) returned from the gym where i always use my storm with the headphones that came with the phone that way i can easily answer phone calls and pause a song
    03-19-09 08:17 PM
    use it at the gym and love it, too early for text messages and email to interrupt
    03-19-09 08:25 PM
    I use mine at the gym... Actually I use mine eating pizza watching the biggest loser thinking about being in the gym.

03-19-09 08:31 PM
    I use the storm as a mp3 player in the gym and as a regular music player in general. Nothing better than listening to "Ante Up" when your trying to max out on the bench haha
    03-19-09 08:36 PM
    I try to, but I always dumbell press and it sucks keeping it in my pocket, I'm always scared I'm going to smash it with the weights lol
    03-19-09 08:52 PM
    I have been using mine in the gym since November and it is still rocking. Mind you, I have a case on mine. But it is a pretty good MP3 player...its still no ipod touch, but it beats carrying around two devices.

03-19-09 09:04 PM
    I use my storm as a mp3 when I do my 7am jog and when I'm at the gym

03-19-09 09:09 PM
    I use it while at the gym with my plantronics headset... just got a arm strap too but havent gotten a chance to use it! possibly tomorrow! Only thing that sucks is the text message interruption.. My girl friends Samsung Juke just has a small beep and she can still text! Wish there was a way to implement this for ours!
    Where did you find the arm strap? I'm hoping to find one that works well with easy buttons access.

03-19-09 09:23 PM
    I use mine whenever I'm at the gym or out for a run. I connect it to a Motorola S9, and it works beautifully!
    03-19-09 09:50 PM
    Hmm...Sorry to be the lone pessimist in this thread, but I think the storm is more trouble than it's worth to work out with...It''s just too big. I even purchased an arm band for it, but after the workout I noticed that sweat soaked through the armband and onto my phone...not cool. I went and bought a cheapo mp3 player from Wal-Mart and it is about a million times more convenient to just toss it in my workout bag and only use it when I work out.
    03-19-09 10:11 PM
    I do.

03-19-09 11:50 PM
    I work out with Storm too. Got me the Motor S9 HD headset. They're bluetooth A2DP. Just set them on the ground or treadmill rack and workout no wires attached. No sweat on them either. For running I picked up a SPIbelt. Slip my storm in the pouch and off running I go with my Motor S9 headset. Works great!

03-20-09 12:09 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD