I had to make this because out of the box I liked my phone. Now after unlocking it, erasing uneeded devices like vznavigator, and getting my blackberry manager working with itunes and media sync really shows what this phone is capable of doing. Oh also all my email is pushing to my phone with no lag. Hats off to Verizon and Blackberry, Research In Motion.
    Thanks
    11-25-08 02:28 AM
    good post , didnt sell mine .. never will. except for storm v2
    11-25-08 02:37 AM
    I will not be selling mine either. Obviously right now we are all aware of the problems that the storm has, but as of now I think that these problems are overshadowed by all of the useful tools and ability of this product.

I see the potential in this device, which is my reasoning for not selling it/bringing it back until this potential is utilized. Hopefully within the next two or so updates. I am pretty sure RIM and Verizon is checking up on these boards to find out what problems we have encountered, so I am not worried at all about anything.

To those who have sold their phones: All in all, its user preference. However, you guys are missing out on a very powerful, potential packed product.
    11-25-08 02:59 AM
    I am pretty sure RIM and Verizon is checking up on these boards to find out what problems we have encountered, so I am not worried at all about anything.
    Possible but not likely. They've received multiple emails for every issue listed here PLUS some most likely.

As for me: I'll be taking mine back for a relplacement to fix the minor hardware problems i have but otherwise that's it. Mine works like a charm now that i know the kinks and how to get around them.
    11-25-08 03:04 AM
    I'm still waiting to get mine, but of everything I've read here, my only concern is that they get VZNavigator working well and quickly. I use it a lot and like it.
    11-25-08 05:31 AM
    I love my Storm. It puts my previous two phones, Dare and Voyager, to shame. It's official, I'm now a crackberry head, I'll never be able to use a dumbphone again.
    11-25-08 06:26 AM
    how does it put your voyager to shame?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 07:13 AM
    The Voyager's touch screen was nowhere near as responsive as the Storm's, and the browser was painfully slow. It got to the point where I only used the browser when I only really needed something, with the Storm, I'm using the browser constantly.
    11-25-08 07:18 AM
    You can only do so much to the Voyager as well
    One of the best dumb phones ill ever own
    Spotmark was the man at Voyager-LG
    Hi Spotmark! Btw its NYCKILLA
    Ha Needed a more legit name here
    11-25-08 07:38 AM
    Possible but not likely. They've received multiple emails for every issue listed here PLUS some most likely.

As for me: I'll be taking mine back for a relplacement to fix the minor hardware problems i have but otherwise that's it. Mine works like a charm now that i know the kinks and how to get around them.
    they definitely are. A day after BGR wrote that 'conspiracy theory' on the OS system, they released an official statement saying a 'blogger' wrote a theory on why .82 was not released with the Storm.

They are definitely checking up on these sites. However, they probably aren't learning anything new per se. They probably know whats going on with it all and what they would like to fix
    11-25-08 07:54 AM
    The more I use it, learn it and know it, the more I like the Storm. Coming from a Pearl, this is quite a huge improvement. There are a few quirky things that an update will fix, but they are minor. VZ Nav works great too. I dont know what type of problem people are having, if at all. Uninstalling it is not necessary as it does not have any effect on the OS operation unless its running (like any other app)
    11-25-08 08:43 AM
    The Voyager's touch screen was nowhere near as responsive as the Storm's, and the browser was painfully slow. It got to the point where I only used the browser when I only really needed something, with the Storm, I'm using the browser constantly.
    Couldn't agree with you more. I really did like my V-Ger, but this phone blows it away. I do use the browser way more, even more so than the mobile IE when I had a windows based smartphone. I can't put this thing down.
    11-25-08 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD