Whats up guys... I'm new to the crackberry site, and this is my 1st post. I've searched multiple websites for the following 4 questions but can't seem to find any information. I'm not an iphone owner, nor would I buy one, but I do think it has some cool features that I'm hoping the Storm will have. Here's my questions:

1. What are the physical dimensions (not the screen size) of the Storm in camparison to the i phone? I really like the slim size of the i phone and I'm hoping the Storm is comparible.

2. Will we have the ability to zoom in on pictures a-la-iphone, by spreading your fingers apart?

3. What type of touch screen technology will the Storm use (pressure sensative, heat sensative, or something else. Please speak in non-techie terms)?

4. This is the one I want to know the most.... The Sprint Instinct has one of the coolest features I've ever seen on a phone, "Live Search." You can speak the name of the company you are trying to find (ie: Applebee's), and it will pull all Applebee's locations, phone numbers, address's, and driving instructions in that area. Does anyone know if the Storm will have a similiar feature? Please say yes!!

Although I think the iphone is ahead of it's time, I wouldn't buy one, it's just not the phone for me. Right now I own a Dare and love it, it's quite possibly the best phone I've owned in a while, but I need more apps for scheduling and contacts. With everything that I've read, I'm pretty sure I'll be making the jump to a Storm!!

PS. These are some of the best forums I've read before. Lots of good, factual information in them, and from what I've seen not a lot of flaming. Thanks everyone!!
    10-03-08 12:49 PM
    If you search through the threads you can find an answer to most of your questions.

Answer to first question-->112.52 x 62.2 x 13.95 mm
    10-03-08 12:50 PM
    I will try searching again sorry. Everytime I do it pulls up non relivant information on what i'm looking for. I'll give it another shot.
    10-03-08 12:52 PM
    I will try searching again sorry. Everytime I do it pulls up non relivant information on what i'm looking for. I'll give it another shot.
    In this case don't use the search function, just browse through the Storm forum yourself. The Storm uses "Haptic" technology.
    10-03-08 12:59 PM
    Found the dimensions, as well as the information on touch technology. Can't find anything regarding the zoom feature, or the "Live Search" technology that the Instinctuses. Anyone have any info on those 2things?
    10-03-08 01:01 PM
    In this case don't use the search function, just browse through the Storm forum yourself. The Storm uses "Haptic" technology.
    Try searching using Google. I usually have better luck. You can use the site operator to search only forums.crackberry.com
    10-03-08 01:01 PM
    I'm interested in whether or not the Storm has the iPhone's zoom features as well. So if you find the answer by looking through, please post it here to save me the trouble =) haha
    10-03-08 01:02 PM
    No problem Rob, if I find it I'll let you know
    10-03-08 01:04 PM
    I wish I could tell you about how the Storm zooms, but the infotmation hasn't been released yet, so I'm not allowed. You won't find it on the net anywhere.
    10-03-08 01:09 PM
    Yeah and they sure didn't show it in that demo video presentation...
    10-03-08 01:10 PM
    That's cool crucial, I understand. Are you allowed to say if it's "as cool" as the iphone or not? hahaha
    10-03-08 01:11 PM
    by the way crucial... i'm super new with the crackberry forums, but i noticed after reading the last week or so, you're the one with inside info. Can i ask how? are you a tester, or do you own it already, or can you not say?
    10-03-08 01:12 PM
    I wish I could tell you about how the Storm zooms, but the infotmation hasn't been released yet, so I'm not allowed. You won't find it on the net anywhere.
    I have heard that the Storm can see if its user is squinting his/her eyes while looking at the screen and will then zoom accordingly.
    10-03-08 01:15 PM
    by the way crucial... i'm super new with the crackberry forums, but i noticed after reading the last week or so, you're the one with inside info. Can i ask how? are you a tester, or do you own it already, or can you not say?
    Yes I have a 9500, and a Javelin. My company gets phones to Alpha & Beta. It was the Bold before all of this. Just one of the benefits. What's bad is not being able to talk about it.
    10-03-08 01:18 PM
    Yes I have a 9500, and a Javelin. My company gets phones to Alpha & Beta. It was the Bold before all of this. Just one of the benefits. What's bad is not being able to talk about it.
    Wow, I bet people bug the shlt out of you for info... Does it get old answering everyone's questions, or do you enjoy it?
    10-03-08 01:22 PM
    Read the "READ THIS FIRST" thread under the Storm forums....good info there.
    10-03-08 01:23 PM
    I have heard that the Storm can see if its user is squinting his/her eyes while looking at the screen and will then zoom accordingly.
    Yes I've heard that and u can also send sms via ur mind ( no typing required! )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-08 01:27 PM
    Any way a Forum Moderator could make the "READ THIS FIRST" thread a sticky?
    10-03-08 01:28 PM
    I really hope this is a use-selectable option because, they way my mind thinks, when a pretty girl walks past....I REALLY don't want those thoughts automatically SMS'd to her phone.

Hmm...if we combine this technology with the picture-messaging.....
    10-03-08 01:30 PM
    Well in one of the spec sheets, if I'm not mistaken, it showed the Volume rocker as Zoom In/Out ... and the LG Dare works this way as well. Are you allowed to say if there's a cooler way than that, that involves the touch screen?
    10-03-08 03:09 PM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LoL. You made my day.
    10-03-08 03:20 PM
    Can you tell people if you like the Storm's zoom feature?
    10-03-08 03:27 PM
    Well in one of the spec sheets, if I'm not mistaken, it showed the Volume rocker as Zoom In/Out
    That is only when you are taking a picture. Not for zooming in a website. At least thats my opinion and I think its right
    Last edited by Stang68; 10-03-08 at 05:48 PM.
    10-03-08 05:38 PM
    That is only when you are taking a picture. Not for zooming in a website. At least thats my opinion and I think its right
    Fair enough. Pinch to zoom would make me a happy boy. Unless RIM has thought of something even better.
    10-03-08 06:35 PM
    Are we even sure the Storm has multitouch? I heard rumors it did, but everything I've seen points to it not having multitouch tech. Crucial, how have you found the "clickthrough" (localized?) haptic technology? On par with other BB's?
    10-04-08 08:35 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD