I have an 8 gig card that I can barely put 1-2 gigs of stuff on it.. Anyone actually USE the 1 gig of device storage?
    05-12-09 04:00 PM
    I know I don't... is there any way to convert some of that into something usable by the App Memory?
    05-12-09 04:05 PM
    Negative.. It's separate.

I think the Blackberry OS shares with the app storage, which is exactly like Windows mobile. Take 256 megabytes, put the OS on there, and the remainder is left over for apps. Pretty craptacular mentality IMO.

The 1 gig storage is separate, and useless IMO. =(
    05-12-09 04:09 PM
    I use it constantly. I keep wallpaper, ringtones, and encrypted documents on there. My music and videos go on my add-in card, which allows me to swap cards while maintaining access to my important stuff.
    05-12-09 04:14 PM
    I put my ringtones and my wallpapers on it so there will be a faster response time when the OS calls for the files. I did it mainly for when I was on .75 because It was slow but now that I'm on .141 its not really an issue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 04:14 PM
    Huh.. yah I put all my wallpapers/ringtones on my card.. I've not noticed any slowdowns when it needs to open/run said ringtone..

I'll have to do some testing to see exactly the difference in speed..
    05-12-09 04:17 PM
    I use it constantly. I keep wallpaper, ringtones, and encrypted documents on there. My music and videos go on my add-in card, which allows me to swap cards while maintaining access to my important stuff.
    yep i do the same thing
    05-12-09 04:45 PM
    I do but not sure how or why. Somtimes when i dload movies it stores it in device even though it says its in the media card.
    05-12-09 05:07 PM
    I have nothing on my device memory, and not much on my 8Gb card (other than some pictures). If Verizon hadn't given me the card, I would have everything on the device memory, because I don't have the money to buy a card (right now).
    05-12-09 05:11 PM
    I put around 299 songs and all the ringtones i have added along with photos of my family and documents. so about 1.9 Gb of space used so far. It is good to have plenty of memory for this sort of stuff.
    05-12-09 05:31 PM
    I have nothing on my device memory, and not much on my 8Gb card (other than some pictures). If Verizon hadn't given me the card, I would have everything on the device memory, because I don't have the money to buy a card (right now).
    I bought an 8 gig micro-sd card for $24 dollars. (the Storm I had, was a hand-me-down and the replacement the user got, took the 8gig card that comes with the Storm and put it in their Curve.. )
    Last edited by sniffs; 05-12-09 at 05:35 PM.
    05-12-09 05:33 PM
    I don't use it...I use the memory card instead.
    05-12-09 05:47 PM
    I don't, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the people who didn't get a memory card do?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 06:42 PM
    ^^^^
    GOOD CALL HOCKEY!!!

i use device memory for ringtones, wallpapers and caller I.D. images, all extra (alternate ones i switch to occasionally) stay on the memory card. that way when i wanna set up my stuff, i just remove memory card, and don't have to scroll through thousands of ringtones and pictures. i literally have 800+ tones and easily more than that in pictures!
    05-12-09 06:45 PM
    I use my device memory for wallpapers, ring tones. I also use it when I fill up my memory card when I go on long trips. With over 2000 songs, 8gb fills up real quick. No, I don't need all 2000 songs for my trip, but I like to put 3-4 movies on there too.
    05-12-09 07:08 PM
    i got a 16 gig in mine and im up to 9.2 gigs on it. mostly music but i got alot of pics and a few videos i recorded. i think i only used device storage for one picture and thats it.
    05-12-09 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD