While in the Media (bb button)>explore > system > samples> MMS> pictures ....

There are gif images for Birthday, dance, drinks, eat, lets go, movie, and party..all animated. (never knew they existed)

However when I go to MMS a contact, there are no options to add these gif images. If I select Add picture, it goes to the pics I've taken with my camera.

How do I get it to go to these gifs???

I know I can MMS someone from this folder while hitting the BB button while on one of the gifs...but that just doesn't seem reasonable to do. Having to go to explore...and so on....to do so.
    Last edited by missyzane; 02-19-09 at 10:40 AM. Reason: more info
    02-19-09 10:38 AM
    Some pictures are locked. Go an dlook at the pictures you're talking about and see if there appears to be a lock image on the corner of the picture. If so, they can't be sent out via MMS.
    02-19-09 10:47 AM
    Some pictures are locked. Go an dlook at the pictures you're talking about and see if there appears to be a lock image on the corner of the picture. If so, they can't be sent out via MMS.

I know what you mean, these ones aren't.

the wallpapers and contact pics (cartoons) all have locks, these don't.
    02-19-09 10:54 AM
    you can start a mms from these gifs. that's the only way i've been able to figure out how to send them. I would think there is an easier way though..
    02-19-09 10:59 AM
    you can start a mms from these gifs. that's the only way i've been able to figure out how to send them. I would think there is an easier way though..
    exactly, who wants to do that each time.....hmmmm.
    is it a glitch?
    02-19-09 11:02 AM
    I mean, until I stumbled on them by accident, nosing around in the "system" stuff, I had no idea they were there...I bet many don't.

How could you?
    02-19-09 11:03 AM
    You can send them buy clicking on the one you want then, click the BB button and it will say send as email/mms...etc!!!
    02-19-09 11:13 AM
    If you have file manager pro you can move or copy the file to your media card. That's what I did and you can use the pictures just like your others. No need to go into explore. File manager pro is a free app if you didn't know by the way.

Nick
    02-19-09 11:50 AM
    You can send them buy clicking on the one you want then, click the BB button and it will say send as email/mms...etc!!!
    I think missyzane's point was that browsing to the files and sending as mms=giant pain in the keister. Especially when the files are buried the way they are.
    02-19-09 12:28 PM
    I think missyzane's point was that browsing to the files and sending as mms=giant pain in the keister. Especially when the files are buried the way they are.
    Right on, thank you!
    02-19-09 01:16 PM
    Mms it to yourself then save the image. It should go to your pics.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 01:20 PM
    Mms it to yourself then save the image. It should go to your pics.

that works!
    02-19-09 01:25 PM
    or just copy and paste them to your card, like lakokama said. Less hassle that way.
    02-19-09 01:31 PM
    I did it too but they're not animated anymore :-(

02-19-09 01:43 PM
    How do you delete the locked icons in this menu?
    02-19-09 01:44 PM
    How do you delete the locked icons in this menu?
    The ones I'm talking about aren't locked.....

the other things such as wallpapers and cartoon contact pics that are locked, I don't believe there is a way to unlock them. I do know there is a thread somewhere about deleting them but you have to be careful...you can accidently delete other stuff as well.

I missed the message about copy and pasting them....that may be easier for sure!!
    02-19-09 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD