I am just trying to see if there is any connection as to where the phones were made and the problems that people are having. Maybe different parts went to different locations and maybe that is why some don't have problems and others do.

Pull the battery and look at the sticker behind it: It says Made in _______?

Post where yours was made and problems you've had or haven't had.

Mine was made in Mexico and I have had virtually no problems at all.
    10-28-09 09:47 PM
    I haven't looked but based on most industry going away I'd say china or Mexico.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 11:06 PM
    Really? Only one person willing to answer?
    10-29-09 10:13 AM
    made in mexico. its stated on the box also. and yes i love to keep my phone boxes. = ]
    10-29-09 10:17 AM
    The Storm is mostly Made in Mexico but some are Canada and even less are Hungary. I have not noticed any correlation between 'birthplace' and the quantity replaced. I seem to remember a rumor floating around work that the original batches of Mexico phones were having a very high return rate due to differences in workplace policies regarding static electricity in MX v CAN, but urban legend near as I can tell.
    10-29-09 10:18 AM
    So where was your phone made? Any problems?
    10-29-09 10:24 AM
    Mine = Hungary. Not one single issue. No freezes, dead spots, etc. I know these devices have been a pain for many people, but I have not had one single iota of trouble. The wife is on her 4th though. Nothin but issues with the replacements...mostly dead spots on the screen (no 'click')

I am very proactive (even after all applicable updates) to use Quick Pull to eliminate mem leaks. I also only have a handfull of third party apps and only actually use about 3-4 on any regular basis.

After the 5.0 upgrade I fel like I have a whole new phone. MUCH faster and memorly leaks seem to be improved. Still leaks, but much slower rate.
    10-29-09 10:29 AM
    Yes i do remember the first batch of storms coming from Mexico. back in last december. I deal with wholesale phones and I kept seeing made in mexico on the bar codes.
    10-29-09 10:47 AM
    Mine made right here in Canada, my home country! I am proud to say that it works great, never had any major issues at all.
    10-29-09 12:31 PM
    Mine was made in Hungary. Haven't had any issues with it either.
    10-29-09 12:32 PM
    No dimming problems, white bars or any other issues that have been reported by the masses. Mexico FTW!
    10-29-09 01:41 PM
    Mine doesn't indicate where it was made. It just has numbers on the back of the cover...

09 02 1
    26 - 1
    10-29-09 01:48 PM
    Good question lol

I'll have a look on my box as I am also sad at keep my Box lol
    10-29-09 01:49 PM
    Canada, without a Single problem, looks like im starting to get a little dust under the screen though
    10-29-09 02:01 PM
    Correction. I just learned to read. Mine is Made in Mexico also. I am on the latest official. The only issue I have is that my screen dims now and then, no issues other than that so far.
    10-29-09 02:02 PM
    Made in Canada. No problems at all since I've had it, no problems with recent OS upgrade either. Hope I didn't just jinx it
    10-29-09 02:05 PM
    Made is Mexico 5.

I haven't had it long, but no problems.
    10-29-09 04:14 PM
    have had many storms made in mexico hungry and canada... All had problems all were returned.. my lastest is from mexico.. No issue yet... Dont think it has to do where your phone was made.. but when.... Wifes phone was grabbed few months after release.. no issues for her... mine 7 months after release... many issues..
    10-29-09 04:18 PM
    Mexico.. dimming and theme problems is all that I have
    10-29-09 04:27 PM
    First storm was made in Russia. Never had any problems with it other than it felt mechanically sloppy. Then one afternoon it committed suicide after drinking too much cheap Russian vodka poisened by Chernoble. It fell (may have had help) from great height in my garage. My second storm is from Mexico and has tighter tolerances, no issues, and makes a mean burrito.

10-29-09 05:20 PM
    I have been running my unlocked 9530 from Verizon on the Rogers network for a few months now with no issues. Am currently running 5.0.0.328 and the only complaint I have is when receiving calls from Telus users it shows unknown number otherwise I love the phone. My phone was made in Canada.

10-29-09 08:27 PM
    I'm still on my first Storm that I got back in Nov 2008 when it was launched. Made In Mexico.
    10-29-09 11:02 PM
    I was an early adopter (got Storm in November, 2008) and back then conspiracies abounded regarding where the Storm was made and build quality. The result: no correlations whatsoever.

However, I'll contribute to your poll. I had three devices. Mexico, Canada, Mexico.

Mexico 1 was a fine phone, but was an early model so had a lot of movement with the screen and a lot of light spilling through around the buttons. Returned due to sub par call quality.

Canada had a much tighter build and was a good phone. The screen's click was too tight, but that was fixed with a torx screwdriver. Returned because it ended up being one of the Storms that are prone to freezing while typing on 5.0.

Mexico 2's build quality is actually a bit of a step back. Not as tight as the Canada model, but no freezes, so I'm happy. Also, the click is great.
    10-30-09 06:33 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD