I have the Black Berry Storm, through Verizon. I have had a lot of issues with it and would like to switch for a Curve. Verizon will not let me return the Storm for the Curve unless I have everything that came with it.
    I have found everything but my manual!! I think I may have left it at a restaurant or somewhere.
    Does anyone know where I can get/buy another manual???

Thank you SO much!

Julie
    01-15-09 05:43 PM
    shame on them.. but this is one of few phones out there that a lot of regular users need to look at manual.. Call Verizon Tech Support up and Request another one.. then when verizon ships you one.. you return it. If people on here are on their 5th phone... i'm sure you can get a manual out of them!!
    01-15-09 05:50 PM
    You probably need to contact BlackBerry. That stuff comes prepackaged with the phone. If the store could get their hands on one instantly they probably wouldn't make a big deal out of you returning your device without it.
    01-15-09 05:55 PM
    Check this link out. It's an interactive Storm manual. Kinda slow and basic, but you might find what you need:

BlackBerry 9530 BB-101
    01-15-09 06:10 PM
    When they say they want "everything that came with it" they don't mean the manual and software installation disk... They mean the phone, battery, charger, and charger adapter. Trust me...they could not care less about getting the booklet back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 06:14 PM
    Thanks for the ideas!
    When I asked Verizon, they gave me a phone number for Black Berry. But, this number is for someone with an existing case and knows their number/has a tech support paid subscription/has a recent order/etc. etc. I cannot find a way to talk to a person! I keep getting bounced around to parts of the menu that don't help me.
    I am going to call Verizon again but I am not sure what they will do.
    I didn't have time to return it in the 30 days (due to the holidays, etc.). They said they extended it to Jan 15th for that reason (holidays). Verizon said they marked my account and will extend me being able to return it until I can get a manual, but I am getting frustrated.
    I will try going to this interactive manual site.
    I also emailed the store on this site, but it looks like they don't sell manuals.
    Thanks again, I appreciate all of the ideas I can get.
    01-15-09 06:24 PM
    Check this link out. It's an interactive Storm manual. Kinda slow and basic, but you might find what you need:

BlackBerry 9530 BB-101

WOW...
    Talk about not reading the first post in a thread and just spewing out garbage....
    01-15-09 07:07 PM
    I'll sell you mine for $100.
    01-15-09 07:27 PM
    Thanks to everyone! I just called Verizon again. I went straight to tech support instead of just talking to someone who answered. (I don't think I was talking to tech support on my other calls.)
    I told him about all of my problems and how I am unable to find the manual and how I ended up posting here and what all of you suggested.
    He did agree that what they are looking for, are the charger/batteries/equipment, not so much the manual! :-) (that is not what the stores told me)
    He is going to mail me a Curve (to avoid any problems in the store) and said I can mail back my Storm when I get the Curve. He is going to exchange all of the accessories I bought with the Storm also. He is not charging me the "changing the phone fee".
    Very nice guy.
    After all of the problems I have had with my Storm (ringtone issues, camera issues, key issues, email issues, etc.), I think I will be happier with the Curve.
    I had it happen twice that I had my Storm on silent or vibrate and someone called me who had a song programed in.....once in the library, once in a business meeting, and the song came on (pretty loud). So, I had to start turning off my phone because I couldn't trust that if I put it on silent or vibrate that it wouldn't play a song if someone called me.

Thanks again for all of the help!!!!!! You gave me some great ideas that I used on the phone with Verizon! I LOVE this site! (I just joined to ask this question and will definitely be staying on the site and visiting often.)

Julie
    01-15-09 07:31 PM
    My storm didn't come with a paper manual... Only a QRG. The full manual is on the CD.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 08:19 PM
    ill sell you mine for 50 bucks
    01-15-09 08:21 PM
    you can have mine. i hate reading manuals.
    01-15-09 08:23 PM
    yea i have 3, pay the postage and you can have them all
    01-15-09 08:29 PM
    Sounds like you are set, but if you end up needing it after all I will mail you mine, as I don't need it anymore.
    01-15-09 08:32 PM
    Wow... people read...

NO MORE MANUAL NEEDED...
    FFS !!!
    01-15-09 08:34 PM
    WOW...
    Talk about not reading the first post in a thread and just spewing out garbage....
    Wow - hostile!! I didn't realize there were forum cops.

So I misread. Maybe, just MAYBE someone else might get some use from the link I submitted.
    01-15-09 08:46 PM
    Wow - hostile!! I didn't realize there were forum cops.

So I misread. Maybe, just MAYBE someone else might get some use from the link I submitted.
    How do you misread THAT?

Seriously?
    wow.
    01-15-09 09:00 PM
    Jodyberry, I appreciate you trying to help. Don't worry about not posting it completely to what I asked. I thought it was very nice that you replied.

To all of the guys who offered to give me their manuals, I really appreciate that!! It looks like they are going to take it back without the manual now. The guy I talked to (the tech guy) said that he will follow up and make sure I don't get any charges for not sending it in. (after talked to 3 other people on other calls and going to a few other stores)

It means a lot that you guys would help me though!!! You are the best!
    01-15-09 09:02 PM
    amazon says there a book coming out next month blackberry for dummies you might get that.
    01-15-09 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD