I am admittingly a newbie to the BB. The Storm is my first, but I love it.

With all it can do (minus the Wi-Fi) I am surprised to not see too many sports apps out there. And I'm not talking Themes or launchers. I am still stuck on the original storm theme mostly because it is as functional as it gets. Most of the others I have tried all had issues. Anyway.. I am not looking for themes or launchers that just take me to the web site of the team only to have to scroll through a ton of useless info looking for the info I want.

There has to be a good set (or a couple) apps that sorta act like tickers. And not an RSS feed prog. I find that I have to go through just as much trouble getting to my RSS info thru vingo as I would just going to a web site.

So any help out there? Anyone know of any good sport ticker apps?

BTW - CB is god!
    03-24-09 07:44 AM
    I am admittingly a newbie to the BB. The Storm is my first, but I love it.

With all it can do (minus the Wi-Fi) I am surprised to not see too many sports apps out there. And I'm not talking Themes or launchers. I am still stuck on the original storm theme mostly because it is as functional as it gets. Most of the others I have tried all had issues. Anyway.. I am not looking for themes or launchers that just take me to the web site of the team only to have to scroll through a ton of useless info looking for the info I want.

There has to be a good set (or a couple) apps that sorta act like tickers. And not an RSS feed prog. I find that I have to go through just as much trouble getting to my RSS info thru vingo as I would just going to a web site.

So any help out there? Anyone know of any good sport ticker apps?

BTW - CB is god!

Hockey - The Hockey News..

The Hockey News Mobile | powered by Polar Mobile
    03-24-09 08:04 AM
    Thanks. Ill have to check it out. But I have stayed away from that because I thought it was just a launcher to their site or directly to their specific RSS feed. No?
    03-24-09 08:06 AM
    Might want to try Viigo.
    03-24-09 08:37 AM
    I have... rss feeds dont do it for me.
    03-24-09 08:38 AM
    get twitterberry and add nba, espn, nfl, etc. updates on games in progress every few minutes and you can just check it when you want.
    03-24-09 08:40 AM
    BTW.. creasekeeper28... THN mobile app fits the bill for my NHL fix. Thank you. Nice and streamlined.
    03-24-09 08:40 AM
    Go to these sites and download their BB App Launcher.

You can choose your fav MLB team and it will load a launcher app. I currently have the Red Sox (Love!) , Yankees (Don't love!) and the Dodgers (just to keep up with Manny's bad hamstring!)

/Donna
    03-24-09 08:49 AM
    I find that I have to go through just as much trouble getting to my RSS info thru vingo as I would just going to a web site.
    I agree. Contrary to popular opinion, I've never been a big viigo fan. I just thinks it's a lot of glitz, and not much substance. Plus I would like an RSS reader that syncs with my PC so I don't have to go and mark all of the read items on either device, similar to NewsGator.

But anyway, a sports app would be so great! Something that updates scores for all the major sports, and drops in some news tidbits here & there. Maybe a large network like CBS Sports or ESPN can come up with something like this. I agree that the launchers aren't much help when looking for particular info. Looks like we'll have to keep our fingers crossed!
    03-24-09 08:51 AM
    The Hockey News is a nice one, updates the scores, time remaining, standings, etc. Very hand I must say.
    03-24-09 09:02 AM
    yea, but it's hockey.
    03-24-09 09:15 AM
    yea, but it's hockey.
    Yeah! Hockey! The only real sport left where the players actually Care about it and not just making the "Page 6" Headlines!
    03-24-09 09:25 AM
    Try Viigo. Not great but I've noticed it's gotten better lately.
    03-24-09 09:32 AM
    Ill have to try the specific sites of the teams I have interest in. Maybe their launchers would be more streamlined, but I doubt it. Just dont want to have to shuffle thru useless info to get updated scores, trades (occasionally) and mostly.... SCHEDULES. Would be nice also if they could sync with the calander, although the stock BB calander kinda sucks!
    03-24-09 09:55 AM
    Hockey - The Hockey News..
    the hockey news app was the 1st app i put on my storm. i love it. it's a few seconds behind but it's as close as you can get to real time scores and updates.
    03-24-09 09:58 AM
    Thanks. Ill have to check it out. But I have stayed away from that because I thought it was just a launcher to their site or directly to their specific RSS feed. No?
    Nope. It's a stand alone app, replete with blog entries, columns, etc. Add in real time scores and standings, and it's heaven for die hard puck addicts.
    03-24-09 10:29 AM
    did you try Viigo yet? it updates you on a ton of info such as stocks, weather, local news, sports. it feeds of from espn, yahoo sports. if you given it a try then more apps will come out for sports i guess
    03-24-09 10:41 AM
    lol, the guy keeps saying he doesnt like Viigo and doesnt want an RSS Feed and ppl just keep suggesting Viigo. haha. Hilarious!
    03-24-09 11:31 AM
    I agree about the RSS feeds not doing it, but I'm trying to learn to love them as much as everyone else.

Forgive me for being lazy and not doing the research ahead of time but are there Fantasy Sports (specifically NFL) Apps for the Storm? When fantasy football season rolls around I'm going to need instant access to my team!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 11:37 AM
    I have... rss feeds dont do it for me.
    THANK YOU.

Viigo is absolutely the most useless piece of garbage out there. I have no idea why people like this. Id rather go to the website and look the info up! It takes just as long!

I tried Viigo for a couple weeks and then deleted it. Totally not worth wasting the space on my phone. Weather? Sports scores? F*** it, I can look them up just as friggin fast.
    03-24-09 11:47 AM
    ESPN's mobile site is probably your best bet.

For baseball, MLB.com's mobile site is phenomenal. Streamlined, pretty and useful.

Ive heard NHL.com is great too
    03-24-09 11:49 AM
    score.mobil is all i have to say auto updates to setting you wish also has live blogs on some games. can set it to almost any sport you want
    10-12-09 01:10 PM
    Score mobil free from BB app store works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD