Does anyone have a real clue as to when we might see the actual update for us average joe's?

I also read an article on line that stated another update is soon to follow the new one I don't have yet. Is that true?
    12-01-08 09:38 AM
    I was told by a friend who works in Verizon tech support that an update may come by the 8th of this month but they are still working on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 09:43 AM
    Great. I do not fully understand how BES gets it first and the others wait. I would think everyone getting it at the same time would be more appropriate. I certainly do not mind waiting but then I read another update is going to follow the new update. And the story continues...
    12-01-08 01:13 PM
    Thank God! I thought I was the only one who couldn't get this update everyone is talking about. Now I feel better.
    12-01-08 06:47 PM
    Just get the one stickied here on crackberry...it doesn't make a difference if you are on a BES or not...seriously .75 is much improved.
    12-01-08 06:51 PM
    Great. I do not fully understand how BES gets it first and the others wait. I would think everyone getting it at the same time would be more appropriate. I certainly do not mind waiting but then I read another update is going to follow the new update. And the story continues...
    Ok first of all,

everyone has the update! everyone has it cause it was leaked, see the very first thread on this board titled ".75 LEAKED!" it has a link to download nad install it.

2nd, BES users DID not get the update several days ago as reported this is false. My bes server just got the update now.

3rd BES admins get it first because they need to be able to test the update to ensure it works with their system and their setup and programs before their users get their hands on it. BES is much more involved than BIS, companies can have entire web based applications run through the blackberry via BES.

So its completely appropriate for BES admins to get it first.
    12-01-08 06:51 PM
    Ok first of all,

everyone has the update! everyone has it cause it was leaked, see the very first thread on this board titled ".75 LEAKED!" it has a link to download nad install it.

2nd, BES users DID not get the update several days ago as reported this is false. My bes server just got the update now.

3rd BES admins get it first because they need to be able to test the update to ensure it works with their system and their setup and programs before their users get their hands on it. BES is much more involved than BIS, companies can have entire web based applications run through the blackberry via BES.

So its completely appropriate for BES admins to get it first.

people who do not work in IT never realize this...

the thing about updates and such is that when it gets out... people want it instantly so you get like a thousand calls asking for the update.... if it hasn't been tested and working in a business environment you can't just install something to install it..

There was 1 time I remember some new guy installing something and it knocked out a server and the company started losing major money every hour until it was up... (this wasn't a phone upgrade) but the same idea none the less.

so I completely agree it makes perfect sense that BES admins get there hands on the update the second they can...
    12-01-08 07:14 PM
    I'm consider myself an "average joe", and I installed the leaked update with no problems. The new version is significantly better on my phone, it was easy to do, and DonNguyen has perfect step-by-step instructions for you to follow. I highly suggest trying it.
    12-01-08 07:32 PM
    Yeah just install the leak not hard at all maybe a half hour in total.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 07:40 PM
    How do you install .75 if you dont have the desktop software (mac)? Can you just point the storm to the link in the stickied thread?
    12-01-08 07:54 PM
    How do you install .75 if you dont have the desktop software (mac)? Can you just point the storm to the link in the stickied thread?
    You would have to somehow boot windows.
    12-01-08 07:59 PM
    no. the link in the sticky is a windows executable file.
    12-01-08 08:00 PM
    You would have to somehow boot windows.
    VMware Fusion has had more reports of working than anything else...but thats gonna cost you about 80 bucks and then the cost of Windows
    12-01-08 08:01 PM
    That's what I kind of figured. I guess I'll be hijacking my roommates HP.

Sidenote: Does Pocketmac sync to iCal? That's really the only thing i depend on being synced other than maybe contacts.
    12-01-08 08:02 PM
    I would rather wait for an official release OS update from Verizon then rolling the dice on a leaked version of a non-official update. Even if it’s just as simple to downgrade back to the original OS out of box.
    12-01-08 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD