Somewhere in 18,000 posts someone has probably asked this but I don't recall. Why is the $ sign symbol not located in the same key field where numbers are located in SureType? Isn't a $ sign most commonly followed by a numeral?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 10:13 AM
    Um, I have a $ sign just to the right of the 9.

oops, you said suretype. my bad.
    01-23-09 10:15 AM
    I'm with Sharkz (Go Flyers!), the dollar sign is under symbols, but it would make sense (cents if you'll allow me a pun) to have it on the num lock keyboard.

EDIT: Zargon, You are talking about the qwerty keyboard, the OP means the Suretype (or reduced) keyboard.
    Last edited by pkcable; 01-23-09 at 10:24 AM.
    01-23-09 10:22 AM
    Even worse is the fact that in QWERTY mode the % sign isn't located in the same area as the numbers. I frequently use percentages in emails and find it a tremendous pain in the *** to have to switch over to symbols to insert a percent sign.
    01-23-09 10:30 AM
    I'm with Sharkz (Go Flyers!), the dollar sign is under symbols, but it would make sense (cents if you'll allow me a pun) to have it on the num lock keyboard.

EDIT: Zargon, You are talking about the qwerty keyboard, the OP means the Suretype (or reduced) keyboard.
    Yah, I corrected my mistake right after I posted it. That is lame that the $ sign is not with the numbers.
    01-23-09 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD