I've had my Storm for one month now and love it. I love all the features it has and everything I can do with it. The one problem I have is the random re-boots/freezing up. I figured it was doing this because of the memory leak. If my memory got down into the teens I could probably count on it freezing up. I thought it might be because I was running .075 so I updated to bbcrackman's hybrid .114 thinking this might fix my problem. I loved how the hybrid made my phone run better but the memory leak was still atrocious (sp?). My Storm now does a random re-boot about every 2-3 days.

I don't like the fact that the quick fix to this is just to pull your battery everyday. I shouldn't have to do that. So, my question is........at what point is enough, enough? When do I take the Storm back and get a new (refurbished) Storm? I have up to a year to do this right? What would be your tolerance for this?

I'm not bashing the phone in general. I love it. I just hate the random re-boot. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.
    04-01-09 08:31 PM
    I love my Storm too...

But the SECOND the iPhone can be enabled on the Verizon network I'm GONE... OR if ATT gets off their butts and get a signal in my area...
    04-01-09 08:32 PM
    I'm on .75...never experienced the problems you describe. This is the original Storm, too. Just lucky I guess.
    04-01-09 08:33 PM
    I'd say call and see what they say. Getting replacement won't hurt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 08:35 PM
    These problems are common place with the Storm. Looking for a replacement right now myself....
    04-01-09 08:44 PM
    Mine restarted on its own twice within, oh, a couple of hours.

I have one of those �go to sleep� magnetic pocket cases and thought I had inadvertently entered some secret code by getting the BB too close to the 'sleep' magnets....like 3 rapid succession sleep mode commands = reboot?

I called Verizon. Two days later I had a replacement...and I even like the feel of the new screen a bit better.

Verizon Rep said this unit should never spontaneously reboot.

Call 'em up!

04-01-09 08:53 PM
    Verizon reps are morons.
    The phone rebooting is a documented problem
    04-01-09 08:57 PM
    do people realize the iphone suffer from memory leaks too and that is the main reason why having no removable battery is a problem. Safari was a very buggy browser that always crashes and alot of time freeze the iphone. The reason iphone is more stable because of the lack of 3rd party app multitasking. **** i have an ipod touch that froze on me and the only way i could even restart it is wait for the battery to die or luckily the OS reset itself. Then again people forgot all about the Iphone and ipod touch early problems because all of the updates. **** people even forgot that the iphone in its first year didnt even have an app store.
    04-01-09 09:00 PM
    I have a Storm and my wife has a iphone...I am on my 3rd Storm due to various different problems but I can safely say despite the fact that I am on my 3rd one I will never use an iphone as a primary business phone! The Storm is so much more functional as a real world business tool with some fun things thrown into it whereas the iphone is built as an entertainment machine with the after thought of Oh I think we will add a phone function to it. Using the iphone as a phone is very frustrating...Sure the iphone does look and feel more polished and excels in multimedia but that is not what I want my phone to do. Different phone for different target market. Just my 2 cents
    04-02-09 03:31 AM
    Verizon reps are morons.
    The phone rebooting is a documented problem
    Can't read or just needed your knock the Verizon rep fix? He said the rep told him the phone should never spontaneously reboot. Who said that the phone rebooting is or isn't a documented problem?
    04-02-09 03:44 AM
    Mine restarted on its own twice within, oh, a couple of hours.

I have one of those �go to sleep� magnetic pocket cases and thought I had inadvertently entered some secret code by getting the BB too close to the 'sleep' magnets....like 3 rapid succession sleep mode commands = reboot?

I called Verizon. Two days later I had a replacement...and I even like the feel of the new screen a bit better.

Verizon Rep said this unit should never spontaneously reboot.

Call 'em up!

Which release were you running?
    04-02-09 06:03 AM
    I have a Storm and my wife has a iphone...I am on my 3rd Storm due to various different problems but I can safely say despite the fact that I am on my 3rd one I will never use an iphone as a primary business phone! The Storm is so much more functional as a real world business tool with some fun things thrown into it whereas the iphone is built as an entertainment machine with the after thought of Oh I think we will add a phone function to it. Using the iphone as a phone is very frustrating...Sure the iphone does look and feel more polished and excels in multimedia but that is not what I want my phone to do. Different phone for different target market. Just my 2 cents
    With the announcement of 3.0, I think the iphone will be much more usable as an every day device.
    04-02-09 06:41 AM
    More useable than it already is, or more useable than a BB? If you think it would be more useable than a BB, I think you're wrong. I really don't think you can beat the useablity (real word?) of a BB for the simple fact that its a phone first, connectivity tool second, entertainment device third. Any iPhone will always be an entertainment device first, phone second, and connectivity tool third... imho
    04-02-09 07:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD