The pointer option on my 9530 cannot reach all areas of the screen. I would like to use it for better accuracy (when on Internet) but I am unable to move onto the scroll bar, for instance.

Can anyone offer me some tips in the event I might be doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Tecknot

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 08:49 PM
    You're not supposed to use the pointer for the scroll bar. lol

You only use the pointer if you need better selection control, but honestly, you can zoom in and click with just your finger... same goes for selecting text (with two fingers and then move the selection around).
    02-02-10 09:39 PM
    Yes, the scroll bar doesn't do anything. It is really just there for asthetics. More for a visual page placement than anything. Opera makes good use of the scroll bar if that's what you're really looking for but the BB OS has never had a real need for that specific feature so RIM hasn't written the programming for it to do anything but look pretty.
    02-02-10 11:01 PM
    Thank you, JRSCVCivic and stillborn. Ok, the scroll bar was a bad example. I can never get it to move to all areas of the screen. But whenever I try to move the pointer on something I want to click on, it doesn't even get close. It is totally useless.

I do use the zoom in command, but then I want to avoid as many back pages as I can.

But thanks for listening.

Kind regards,

tecknot
    02-02-10 11:24 PM
    i dont even use the pointer,,its harder
    02-03-10 12:02 AM
    Pointers kind of usless. Very inaccurate

02-03-10 01:18 AM
    I find the pointer comes in handy for clicking on those one character links
    02-03-10 08:03 AM
    Probabily the best tip I can give you us to install Opera 5 Beta 2. The browser experience us so much better. I only use the native browser for downloading programs now and days.

I never liked the mouse pointer design or the zooming in feature the BB browser used. I too find the mouse difficult to use, buybygat us a different conversation.

The mouse does move to most of the locations on the browser one just has to have patience, when moving your finger around the mouse will flip to the outer edge when your finger approaches the edge.

02-03-10 08:37 AM
    I find the pointer comes in handy for clicking on those one character links
    Yes. Especially for this site and the page links at the bottom.
    02-04-10 09:44 PM
    You can get better accuracy of the pointer if you'll play around with the sensitivity settings for the screen.

02-04-10 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD