I don't seem to have this dimming problem...?
    10-29-09 08:51 AM
    I don't seem to have this dimming problem...?
    Do you have your clock set up to go into bedside mode when your charging?
    10-29-09 09:14 AM
    OK for all of you who havent seen the many post for the auto text (predictive)
    while in lansdcape
    options>language and input>input style>auto correction and NOT word completion

also in portrait:

options>language and input> show text options> disable predictive

thanks and have a good day !

and auto dim is not annoying at all for me
    Your right, it's not annoying_______________ untill you try to watch a movie! WTF RIM? Screen brightness, really? Guess the guy in charge of pre release testing had cataracts or something
    10-29-09 11:33 AM
    I changed my backlight brightness to 90 and havent had the screen dimming issue since. We will see if that fixes it. So far so good.
    10-29-09 12:54 PM
    so change it from 100 to 90???? I will try this I hope it works! this is a major problem
    10-29-09 12:55 PM
    does anyone else know a fix for the low dim light problem
    10-29-09 01:08 PM
    so change it from 100 to 90???? I will try this I hope it works! this is a major problem
    Yea, seems to be working for me so far. Still testing it out.
    10-29-09 01:09 PM
    please let us know. I tried it i am not sure if i can tell a difference
    10-29-09 01:13 PM
    please let us know. I tried it i am not sure if i can tell a difference
    Is it still dimming for you?
    10-29-09 01:28 PM
    it dims then when i get in bright light it lights up again. I think this is might have fixed it.
    10-29-09 01:31 PM
    it dims then when i get in bright light it lights up again. I think this is might have fixed it.
    Ohh ok. I have been trying to get mine to dim and its not so far. Fingers crossed. Not sure if what I did fixed it or if it was something else. But its ok so far.
    10-29-09 01:36 PM
    i just moved mine to 100 it also seems to be working fine. what is the problem the phone going dim and stayinh dim in light?????
    10-29-09 01:39 PM
    I noticed that it has not been dimming ever since verizon pushed the My Verizon icon to my device. Not sure if they pushed a fix too. Who knows.
    10-29-09 02:07 PM
    lowering mine to 90 seems to have done it for me too so far - just tried it so I will have to run a few more tests to be clear - but so far so good!
    Thanks mwohrlin - good lookin out!!!

and I had it even after the pushed app
    10-29-09 02:07 PM
    No fix with anything mentioned here... Dimimin in bedside mode or changing to 90% in the screen options... You are fooling yourself thinking that a bug can be fixed by just moving around a few options... there are lots of bugs in this build.. if it wasnt for the faster browsing.. would have gone back to .148 days ago...
    10-29-09 03:45 PM
    I set my options on the clock to "display clock" when charging yesterday morning and it never dimmed. At 6pm tonight, I set that same option to "enter bedside mode" and then plugged in my phone to charge. The screen dimmed like it's supposed to. I unplugged it and it stayed dimmed. I then held it portrait until the screen brightened, flipped to landscape and within a minute or so it dimmed. If I then immediately went back to portrait and let it brighten, it would stay bright until the screen blacked out.
    I go back in and reset the option to display clock, and no dimming occurs.

I have found that I get better results when using the 110v charger vs the usb port on my computer because I have it set to prompt me for Mass Storage Mode
    Last edited by DanD2; 10-29-09 at 06:55 PM.
    10-29-09 06:48 PM
    Found on BB website!!!

Doc ID: KB19984
    Modified Date: 10-29-2009
    Document Type: Support

Products
    BlackBerry� Storm� 9500 Series

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Environment
    Issue Number: 347574

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview
    When the display of a BlackBerry Storm Series smartphone dims it will stay dimmed even when the SurePress� keyboard is used to try and 'wake' it.

Cause
    This issue is caused due to a defect in BlackBerry� Device Software version 5.0 as noted by the issue number above.

Resolution
    This issue has been escalated to our development team. No current time frame for resolution is available.

BlackBerry Storm 9500 Series smartphones do not 'wake up' from display dimming after
    10-30-09 11:22 PM
    Found on BB website!!!

Products

Environment

Overview
    When the display of a BlackBerry Storm Series smartphone dims it will stay dimmed even when the SurePress� keyboard is used to try and 'wake' it.

Cause
    This issue is caused due to a defect in BlackBerry� Device Software version 5.0 as noted by the issue number above.

Resolution
    This issue has been escalated to our development team. No current time frame for resolution is available.

BlackBerry Storm 9500 Series smartphones do not 'wake up' from display dimming after
    not the same problem
    10-30-09 11:40 PM
    Found on BB website!!!

Products

Environment

Overview

Cause

Resolution

10-30-09 11:41 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD