Why is it that when i click "vibrate only" profile, all my ringtones still play when poeple call... not cool in quiet places when its unexpected..
    (just got phone two weeks ago, sorry if this is a lame question)
    05-11-09 08:57 PM
    I was just about to ask this same question. Vibrate only works for all of my standard rings, but if i have a different ringtone set to a specific contact the ringtone plays, even when the phone is set on Vibrate Only. Any Ideas?
    05-11-09 09:01 PM
    yeah it stinks, one way to resolve this is before u go out set it to vibrate then open your media. Go to music play a song and then set the volume to off or low and then your set.
    05-11-09 09:04 PM
    I just tested this, because I don't remember it ever happening to me (I'm a part time instructor, and always set my phone to vibrate when in class)...I have my wife's number set with one custom ring tone, all others to a custom default ring tone. I set my phone to vibrate only and called myself from her phone. It vibrated, no ring.

I'm running .141.
    05-11-09 09:08 PM
    Please see this thread... it answers your questions:

Why do my contact alerts play even though phone set to vibrate only?
    05-11-09 09:18 PM
    Ahh...no wonder, it was a .75 OS bug. My phone's on .141, my wife's is (still) on .103, we don't have this issue.
    05-11-09 09:24 PM
    it's a bug on .75, make a new sound profile called "vib" or along those lines and change all ringers to silent, vibrate on and use that instead.
    05-11-09 09:40 PM
    It doesn't work because you have to set all your contacts to 0 volume I have two custom profiles one for work and one for everyday i would have to manually turn the customer ringtone down. I think it really suck hopefully they can fix this.
    05-11-09 09:57 PM
    well i got this phone because many of my co-workers have one, one of my supps have that issue but i dont.
    this issue is known and is fixed in the updates (so install the leaked one)
    i know my supp said it depends on what ringtone, so try different ones, like using songs from your media, or MP3 or WAV ringtones, play around, he got his working by using WAV tones
    05-11-09 10:02 PM
    I make my own ringtone out of mp3s and I'm running 141 i don't want to have to got to the customer ring tones turn them down and then after work turn them up thats dumb
    05-11-09 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD