My company does not provide the BlackBerry server, how do I get my outlook email to my storm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 11:17 PM
    My company does not provide the BlackBerry server, how do I get my outlook email to my storm?

email settings > login if u have a login > add
    06-05-09 11:18 PM
    Does your company have Outlook Web Access (OWA) service available? That is how I access mine through my storm. If you do, I can send you the instructions on how to set it up
    06-06-09 04:56 AM
    I have owa and can't get it setup through the bis site either and would appreciate having the instructions on how to do this as well please.

Thanks!

06-06-09 09:16 AM
    I can't remember exactly how to do it off the top of my head, but I'll try to give you instructions. Log into the BIS site and add the email, just like normal. It should say it can't add it and ask for you to provide the information or retry. Provide information and I think you try again from there. It should say something about it can't add it and ask if it should detect the Outlook settings from your computer or if you will provide them. Somewhere in this area I believe there is an option to set up an OWA, select that option and then click next. If it's OWA it should set up just fine. I've never set up an OWA and it's been awhile since I've had to provide information, so some of the info may not be right, but like I said I would try to help lol
    06-06-09 09:42 AM
    There is also the desktop forwarding option, but the PC has to remain on in order for that to work and the company has to allow you to install the device manager on your work PC.
    06-06-09 10:05 AM
    I can't remember exactly how to do it off the top of my head, but I'll try to give you instructions. Log into the BIS site and add the email, just like normal. It should say it can't add it and ask for you to provide the information or retry. Provide information and I think you try again from there. It should say something about it can't add it and ask if it should detect the Outlook settings from your computer or if you will provide them. Somewhere in this area I believe there is an option to set up an OWA, select that option and then click next. If it's OWA it should set up just fine. I've never set up an OWA and it's been awhile since I've had to provide information, so some of the info may not be right, but like I said I would try to help lol
    This is pretty much correct. Use the email setup wiz. Add new account. Enter your work emaill and password. At this point it will fail and ask for more info. Follow the prompts and its easy to setup. Just make sure you know your work owa address

I have setup owa email on several bb's

Last edited by dxm113; 06-06-09 at 12:04 PM.
    06-06-09 12:01 PM
    This is pretty much correct. Use the email setup wiz. Add new account. Enter your work emaill and password. At this point it will fail and ask for more info. Follow the prompts and its easy to setup. Just make sure you know your work owa address

I have setup owa email on several bb's

Whew, you made me feel better about that. It's been forever since I've set up an email let alone one that uses outlook, so I couldn't remember the exact procedure. Thanks for the confirmation dxm
    06-06-09 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD