Hello Crackberry Nation,

Recently I have been trying to put some movies/tv shows on my Storm 9530 and I am wondering what is the best video format for the Storm to play a nice fluid and clear playback.

I have been putting .avi files on the media card and it all works well and sounds great, but the video is very slightly choppy (but doesn't stall or buffer). I would like to see a nice stream like I would watch on my iPod.

Is there any good websites to download shows like Dexter, True Blood, or movies for that fact (free would be nice too)? Thanks in advance to all the help.
    08-19-09 04:46 PM
    If you're using a converter that has an ipod touch setting use that. Works perfect on the storm. Uses mp4 format.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 05:12 PM
    Agreed Mp4/M4V Files are the best video for the storm in my opinion.
    08-19-09 07:21 PM
    I convert most of mine to 3GP or 3G2. The quality is very good and it really shrinks the video down so you can fit alot on the card.
    08-19-09 07:45 PM
    how do you get avi files to work? They won't even play on my storm. I use the convert program that is stickied.
    08-19-09 07:48 PM
    h.264 should be pretty good too
    08-19-09 08:20 PM
    H.264 Is The Best Honestly, 2000 For Video Bitrate And 128 Kbps For Audio, Wow. DVD Quality. I Perfer Quality Over File Size Anyday.

08-19-09 08:34 PM
    ^^^ Totally agree with Tanner, when space is not a concern I'll use HandBrake and convert a DVD to H.264, looks and sounds fantastic (using stereo Bluetooth headphones) ...

Also, in HandBrake, start with the iPhone setting to get the Basic settings up but then go to Screen Size and manually change it to 480x360 to get full-screen on the Storm. It will take your PC longer to render the video with this setting but it is well worth it to get full-screen.
    08-19-09 10:11 PM
    "Best" is very subjective.

I like H.264, as it provides good video quality with relatively small file sizes. On the small 480x360 screen of the Storm, you can get away with a bitrate of 600 withouth sacrificing quality. At higher bitrates, I find MPEG yields the sharpest video, but this results in large files.
    08-19-09 11:12 PM
    MPEG4 H.263, MPEG4 Part 2 Simple Profile, H.264, WMV is all we can choose from on this matter?
    08-19-09 11:21 PM
    Umm am I the onlyone that usesthe desktop software to convert them lol

08-19-09 11:58 PM
    After trying different options I found that the media manager by roxio included with your storm works beat in terms of Quality. It converts any video format to MP4s with the optimal settings for your Storm. It even allows you to fit your video to the screen.
    All that with almost no quality loss as opposed to other mobile device format. The downpoint is that its doing rather large files compared to other file types.
    But I'd rather have quality than quantity.

08-20-09 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD