I finally got DM downloaded on the family PC cause i have a Mac so I can now upgrade my OS. But there are just so many and I know so little IDK with one to do or where to find them. Which is the most error free, non laggy, least battery pull, fastest accelerometer, best of everything one. THANKS!
    03-17-09 10:05 PM
    Try looking in this forum and then taking your pick. Many people are happy with the Hybred .114 but others have gone back or stayed with .109.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/
    03-17-09 10:24 PM
    If you want to be smart for another day wait to upgrade ur os. I used them all and defaulted back to .75, they all work okay for a while then problems start. If u can hack a week or two, verizon is going to release an official upgrade which I hear is awesome. I'm sure it won't be perfect but at least it will be official. Just an fyi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 10:41 PM
    If you have to do it, try 103, 109 or 113. They were the least buggy.

Most of the problems caused by the leaked OS's are caused by incompatibility with 3rd party apps. I haven't experienced any of the problems that others talk about with the installs, or the os other than the 114 release. the keyboard issue is very real.

the battery life issues are exaggerated if you make sure to register all of your apps that use gps. this seems to make battery life better.

if you start to experience memory issues, backup your 3rd party apps and uninstall them. reinstall them one by one and figure out which one is causing the problem. most of the time this is an issue with jvm not accessing a program correctly.

i don't understand why people come in here and say that they have tried all of the leaked os's and then went back to 75. 75 sucked. why would you go back to 75?

if you have any specific questions, do a search. if you don't find your answer, which is highly doubtful, pm me and i will see if i can help you.

p.s. i don't do battery pulls. I don't have to. I have many apps installed on my storm, and have installed many more. I have taken some of the more popular ones off because at this stage, they are unusable. I have no desire to use weatherbug until they make it stop locking my storm up. Ditto for poynt. Poynt might be the coolest app for the Storm, but after using it, don't bother trying to use your storm. It will have no memory left whatsoever. i find myself reinstalling it when i travel, get the lay of the land and then i take it off again. Storm becomes buggy, take the software off, storm becomes superstorm. case closed.

For the rest of you out there. Stop blaming the OS. The only OS that has come out in 09 that was crap was 114. It is also beta software. If you don't like beta don't run it. If you don't run it, don't talk about it.
    Last edited by Pharaoh45; 03-17-09 at 11:48 PM.
    03-17-09 11:43 PM
    Hybred .114 Love it!!!
    03-18-09 02:32 AM
    109 has worked the best for me. i tried 114 didn't like the fact it took for ever to switch orientation but i liked the new select feature. although it wasn't enough to keep 114 so i went down to 109. works awesome.
    03-18-09 02:35 AM
    +1 for .113/.114 hybrid
    03-18-09 08:49 AM
    +1 for .113/.114 hybrid
    yep that's what im rockin with
    03-18-09 08:52 AM
    Just keep OS .109 and if you don''t have it get it, untill the official release comes out.
    03-18-09 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD