Not going after you Dave, just trying to make sense of Apples sense of reality.
    09-05-09 10:18 PM
    Great rave on the storm!
    Got my Storm in February, and sadly recently dust have been getting under the screen... and yes it is dust... not the sensors. Doesn't really bother me tho... might try some way to get out the dust tho.
    I hope you guys have been able to try OS 167. It absolutely runs amazingly fast. The downer is that themes don't really work properly, but I can deal with the original Zen theme.
    Anyways, glad we're all loving the experience!
    09-06-09 12:01 AM
    Actually, that the iPhone cannot multitask is a misconception. Its UNIX based OS can and DOES multitask all the time the device is in use.

What it CANNOT do, is multitask 3rd party applications. Apple says this was done as a security measure.
    How can that even be true when the iphone doesn't even run on a secure network like Blackberries do? that just doesn't make sense.
    09-06-09 08:08 AM
    Well said my friend. Well said............
    09-06-09 10:10 AM
    Great post man, I feel the same way, I have no problems with my storm, but agree that it will only get better with OS releases.
    If you want an iPhone get an iPhone! Dont get a BlackBerry and ***** about it not being an iPhone. My buddy is an ATT store manager and he hates the iPhone and doesnt even carry it in his stores.
    09-06-09 11:29 AM
    the storm is my first and favorite blackberry and always will be (until the storm 2 comes out :P ).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 12:54 PM
    Hmm excellent rant!! I see no trolls have invaded. Good. Lol. About the dust, can't you spray
    Some of that electric parts duster. Like for computers? I wonder..........

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 07:41 PM
    Actually, that the iPhone cannot multitask is a misconception. Its UNIX based OS can and DOES multitask all the time the device is in use.

What it CANNOT do, is multitask 3rd party applications. Apple says this was done as a security measure.
    Can you have more than one app open at a time and switch between then as you can on a WinMo or BB device? Nope. Not a smartphone. I'm not starting an argument here or anything. I think the iPhone is a good device, but I really have to agree with this:

All Apple did was give it a boob job, a chin lift, and some botox and sent it on its way. And even after the new tits, it still can't do some major stuff a smartphone can like multitasking. ****, they are FINALLY implementing MMS, something that a normal cell phone has been able to since shortly after the camera phone came about.
    Apple just innovated the current technology and made it pretty.
    09-06-09 08:28 PM
    i upgraded to a storm from a curve as well and i also had no trouble. the way the phone was received and reviewed was unfair. this phone is awesome! storm 2 looks good, but ill hang on to my 9530 for now. i had an old htc winmo touchscreen and while it was a good phone, the touchscreen annoyed the **** out of me. that's why i lovs surepress. it'll only get better with time
    09-07-09 08:48 AM
    I just got my first Blackberry ever 2 days ago. I've never owned a smartphone before but I have to say, this thing (storm) is sweet!! I didn't understand why ppl said it was bad compared to the iPhone. From what I can see, it does the everything the iPhone can do and then some. I really love my Blackberry Storm lol and I'm excited for the Storm 2. (whenever that comes out)
    09-07-09 10:48 AM
    The storm is a rip off, just as all cell phones are. And mostly everything in this world is a rip off too. lol... Everything has its bugs. If they tested until all bugs were gone and used materials that had lower defective rates, then they wouldn't make any money probably... or would have to charge $10,000 per device.

That being said, it's a pretty impressive device. Every year technology impresses me more and more. RIM is an innovative company.

I'll be even more impressed when they unlock and open source everything, making it FULLY customizable.
    09-07-09 02:31 PM
    The storm is a rip off, just as all cell phones are. And mostly everything in this world is a rip off too. lol... Everything has its bugs. If they tested until all bugs were gone and used materials that had lower defective rates, then they wouldn't make any money probably... or would have to charge $10,000 per device.

That being said, it's a pretty impressive device. Every year technology impresses me more and more. RIM is an innovative company.

I'll be even more impressed when they unlock and open source everything, making it FULLY customizable.
    its pretty darn open when compared to other popular things like IPhone, you wont joe in his basement making cool stuff (like talklock) that helps people app wise being free or w/e as far as i know apple/ATT have a much bigger approval process, i could be wrong no flames plxz
    09-08-09 10:51 AM
    Got my Storm not quite 2 weeks ago and I agree with the OP, couldn't be happier. Had been on the fence about it for a while, but with 1 yr upgrade it ended up being free after rebate so I figured I had nothing to lose. Sure there are some bugs here and there, but can't say my curve or the pearl before that were ever flawless. Overall quite happy with it!
    09-08-09 11:34 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD