I had a replacement, but am just sending that one back. I realized that the replacement, or new screens feel different than mine. Just cleaner, etc.

How can I get mine to feel like new?! I feel weird putting any liquid on it...any ideas?
    12-11-08 01:57 PM
    As one CBer said "Lick it and rub it on your shirt"

I just use a soft cloth...like my shirt.
    12-11-08 01:58 PM
    i use an eyeglass cloth or a microfiber cloth
    12-11-08 02:01 PM
    You're sending back a replacement because it's dirtier than your original. Please tell me that's not the only thing wrong with the phone.

To keep this on topic, I spray a small amt of glass cleaner (windex) on a paper towel, let the paper towel soak it up, and wipe down the Storm. Works pretty well.
    12-11-08 02:06 PM
    i just send them back for a new one! im on my third and about to call in for my fourth!

jk, though i have gone through a few replacements. I just wipe with my shirt.
    12-11-08 02:08 PM
    your returning it because the screen is dirty, wow.
    12-11-08 02:10 PM
    You're sending back a replacement because it's dirtier than your original. Please tell me that's not the only thing wrong with the phone.
    Nowhere did I say I returned it because it wasn't clean. HTH.
    12-11-08 02:11 PM
    i just send them back for a new one! im on my third and about to call in for my fourth!

jk, though i have gone through a few replacements. I just wipe with my shirt.
    haha. Seems to be the case with the OP
    12-11-08 02:11 PM
    I use the soft black cloth with the BlackBerry logo that came with the phone. Its lovely. As is the BlackBerry leather case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 02:17 PM
    I still havn't taken off the original protector... I'm gonna milk the **** out of it before I get a shield... I use a tad of saliva and a microfiber cloth... Always make sure to blow away any heavy particles and make the initial "swipe" soft..then get scrubbing!
    12-11-08 02:17 PM
    no reason to take the original screen protector off. i cant even tell it is on there in the first place
    12-11-08 02:19 PM
    licking it
    12-11-08 02:25 PM
    I use the little screen wipe that came with the VZW screen protectors. If I don't have that with me, then I just use my shirt. I have sometimes used a paper towel, too, since I found out the screen was actually glass (paper isn't good on plastic screens).

Side note: I was wiping my screen off a few minutes ago and just noticed that I actually have a couple of pieces of dirt under the screen. So it is actually on the backside of the glass, but still visible over the image. I can't say I'm really happy about that. I don't know if it might work itself out after a little while or if I'm just stuck with it unless I try to exchange it. Didn't see that coming.

-SR-
    12-11-08 02:56 PM
    I use just a mist of windex on a paper towel.
    Make sure to spray the towel and not the phone <--pretty obvious
    Works great!
    12-11-08 03:10 PM
    I just blow the a soft wipe with my sweater for now until my shield comes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 03:12 PM
    Never use a paper towel or windex. It will put fine scratches on the screen. alwasy use a non-abrassive screen cleaner and a clean microfiber cloth. the cloths that come with the screen protectors work perfectly fine.
    12-11-08 03:24 PM
    Never use a paper towel or windex. It will put fine scratches on the screen. alwasy use a non-abrassive screen cleaner and a clean microfiber cloth. the cloths that come with the screen protectors work perfectly fine.
    That's only if the screen is plastic (e.g. LCD computer monitors, safety glasses, etc). Paper will not scratch glass. On the other hand, if the glass has a coating on it, the paper can damage the coating. Still, paper cannot scratch glass.

-SR-
    12-11-08 03:52 PM
    Half a cup of clorox bleach and just drop it in the washer. I usually leave mine in for a good hour to make sure I get all the dirt off.

FYI - J/K
    12-11-08 03:56 PM
    I also use the little wipe that came with the screen protectors. And on a side note....the screen protector that came on my Storm was filled with air bubbles. I tried to get them out, but no luck. I put the Verizon one on and I'm happy. I also have BSE's....but haven't gotten the guts up to deal with putting it on.
    12-11-08 04:21 PM
    ShamWOW!
    you'll be saying WOW! every time.
    12-11-08 05:06 PM
    shirt sleeve, or wait till my wife wants to use it and when its done, its all nice and clean. She wont get one because of the finger prints.
    12-11-08 05:17 PM
    Every time i want to clean my screen i go through the car wash and tape my storm to the hood of the car. I feel it gives it a sleek and sexy shine. I recommed the premium wash for best results.
    12-11-08 05:29 PM
    im thinking of getting the ZAGG invisibleShield but the only thing that im worried about is when i use the squeegee to push the extra liquid out it will fall into the openings around the LCD and damage the screen or whatever is under it.

should i or should i not worry about it
    12-11-08 05:32 PM
    im thinking of getting the ZAGG invisibleShield but the only thing that im worried about is when i use the squeegee to push the extra liquid out it will fall into the openings around the LCD and damage the screen or whatever is under it.

should i or should i not worry about it
    Honestly i wouldnt go through that kind of trouble, just get a verizon screen cover and a silicone cover for the outer edges. The verizon covers are just as good as ghost armor and invisible shield with none of the hassle or worrying of getting any liquid in the phone. Any verizon rep will install the verizon cover for you as well and they are surprisingly very good at it.
    12-11-08 05:35 PM
    lens cloth or microfiber is the only way to go
    12-11-08 05:38 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD