I am experiencing major problems on my Storm. First of all I have a huge memory leak on my phone. After battery pull I have 11MB of application memory available but within an hour it goes down to 0MB and the phone will start to lock up and sometimes reboot by itself or just shut down. The main issue is that I constantly get the small clock icon in middle of screen (searching) and can't answer the phone, go into an app, or make a call without it showing and have to wait close to a minute before it goes away. I have tried memory cleaning, making sure all apps and msg programs are closed out completely, uninstalled any unused programs and messages, and used a few different memory apps but nothing seems to help. Here is a list of all my 3rd party apps. Can someone tell me if any of these could be the culprit.

My Verizon, MeterBerry, Force Radio On, App World, Tip Calculator, TwinsBaseball.com, Mobile Checkbook, Assistant, Weatherbug, Vlingo, App Store, Poynt, Buzzd, Superpages, Where, Maps, Google Maps, Sexy Dice, BerryTorch, iheartradio, Pandora, Patternlock, QuickLaunch, ShortcutMe, Yahoo IM, Facebook, Blackberry Msg, MySpace, and 6 games.

I am thinking of getting the Tour instead.
    07-04-09 07:33 PM
    I think you just have too many, are you closing properly them after using them?
    07-04-09 07:35 PM
    with 11 MBs on boot up, you have too much crap installed on the there.

As for the leak, you dont have any memory to use let alone determine if there is a leak really.
    07-04-09 07:35 PM
    I think you just have too many, are you closing properly them after using them?
    I use all of these on a timely basis. If the Storm has 124MB of total app memory then why with 11MB free be able to use what I currently have? If I didn't have a memory leak would my phone not lockup? Besides, I am on my 5th Storm (other issues) and had just as many apps if not a few more on them and it never did this with the other phones. (locking up)
    07-04-09 08:35 PM
    you have way too many apps. this is obvious by the fact that you have 11 mb on startup. they are installed, taking up memory. then they use memory when being run, hence the reason why it goes down. hold down the bb menu key, will show yu how many apps are running. betcha it is a lot of them. when done, menu key, scroll down and close that way, should help a little
    07-04-09 08:40 PM
    there is a difference between hard memory and RAM. If these programs are all running, the RAM is being raped. Basically close apps (BB button > exit/close) If thats still a problem make sure you save music and other things to memory card. Try uninstalling llike 3 apps and see if it make a difference. If it does you know what the problem is

hope this helps
    07-04-09 08:43 PM
    I use all of these on a timely basis. If the Storm has 124MB of total app memory then why with 11MB free be able to use what I currently have? If I didn't have a memory leak would my phone not lockup? Besides, I am on my 5th Storm (other issues) and had just as many apps if not a few more on them and it never did this with the other phones. (locking up)
    Yeah, the Storm doesn't have 124MB of app memory. It has a total of 128MB of OS/App memory. That means that part of that 128MB will be taken up by OS files. On a standard load of .148, you might get about 45ish MB of free memory. Subtract from that based on apps installed + personal data and you start running out quickly.
    07-04-09 08:43 PM
    Weatherbug specifically has been mentioned to be an issue for both battery and memory leaks. But yes, it seems you have too many apps in general.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 08:47 PM
    meterberry and weatherbug have both always been serious memory leakers for me ... uninstall some apps and see what happens.
    07-04-09 10:34 PM
    meterberry doesnt leak memory and some weatherbug editions are just fine also
    07-04-09 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD