I know for the verizon data packages you get your certain amount of minutes, unless you buy unlimited, and also get unlimited data...But does that include txt messaging??? Will there be any difference with this for the storm??
    09-18-08 04:43 PM
    I doubt packages will change it still is a BB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-08 06:09 PM
    $29.99 unlim email & web - pop3 & imap emails
    $44.99 unlim email & web - bes and exchange email types

No txting included in those prices.

09-18-08 07:55 PM
    BB unlimited single line plan
    unl min $99.99
    unl text/pix $20.00
    Unl data $29.99
    09-20-08 03:23 PM
    Does using BB messenger fall under data usage or does it count as text messaging?
    09-20-08 03:49 PM
    xan8470
    BB messenger falls under data usage.
    09-20-08 04:01 PM
    Messenger and pin fall under data as far as I know.

09-20-08 04:52 PM
    So text msgs does not equal data...thats a bummer
    09-20-08 04:56 PM
    For those of you awaiting the Thunder, TMO has a BB plan that includes all data and texts plus 1000 anytime mintues (which I've never come close to) for 59.99. Does not include MMS messaging, that's .15 a msg or is you really use that a lot, you could add a plan... But I'm really happy with this plan!
    09-20-08 05:55 PM
    don't forget VZ navigator for $10 extra a month
    09-20-08 06:24 PM
    TMO would definitely be cheaper, but it has far worse service than Verizon in some areas I often use my phone. Therefore, the extra expense of Verizon's service plans are worth it for me.
    09-20-08 06:50 PM
    TMO would definitely be cheaper, but it has far worse service than Verizon in some areas I often use my phone. Therefore, the extra expense of Verizon's service plans are worth it for me.
    That is the reason why they are so much cheaper. If they were as good as Verizon's network, they would charge more. It makes business sense.
    09-20-08 07:03 PM
    I hate it how you still need to pay the $10 a month, just to enable the GPS feature.
    09-20-08 07:06 PM
    I hate it how you still need to pay the $10 a month, just to enable the GPS feature.
    Yeah, I got tired of paying another surcharge so I just switched over to the premium plan. That way it's just all inclusive even though I'm pretty sure it comes out to the same amount of money.
    09-20-08 07:47 PM
    Yeah, I got tired of paying another surcharge so I just switched over to the premium plan. That way it's just all inclusive even though I'm pretty sure it comes out to the same amount of money.
    But you still can't use any other program besides VZNav with your built-in GPS.
    09-20-08 10:01 PM
    Yeah, I hate the additional fee for VZNav and refuse to pay it. If the feature were unlocked though I would definitely make regular use of it but have just learned to live without it.
    09-20-08 10:12 PM
    You guys are complaining about having to pay $10/month for VZ Nav, if you don't want it, don't pay for it. Do you know another Voice Activated GPS Turn by turn application for a mobile device that is free?
    09-20-08 10:24 PM
    You guys are complaining about having to pay $10/month for VZ Nav, if you don't want it, don't pay for it. Do you know another Voice Activated GPS Turn by turn application for a mobile device that is free?
    I'm not expecting a service like VZNav to be free, but I just want the GPS capability of the phone to be unlocked so that other programs can utilize its functionality.
    09-21-08 08:36 AM
    I second that, I would love to be able to really use google maps with my GPS.
    09-21-08 09:02 AM
    You can use telenav, but it's the same price.
    http:// splash.telenav.com/sites/vzw/index.html
    09-21-08 01:07 PM
    I know. It's a bummer and VZW needs to get with the times and stop limiting people. In a business sense, it's good for them because they don't have to share profits, but from a customer standpoint it stinks.
    09-21-08 02:56 PM
    Ya and whats worse is for texting, prices keep increasing and yet it has always cost the service providers the same amount to deliver the texts...
    09-21-08 03:02 PM
    You can use telenav, but it's the same price.
    http:// splash.telenav.com/sites/vzw/index.html
    Can you use telenav on a vzw phone? I'm familiar with the service although have never seen it on a vzw bb. I'd like to know if that's possible. In all honesty as far as navigation goes vznav is a great nav system with great features I.e. CHEAP GAS! Although I would love to have the ability to use the gps for other apps. There's a million and one apps coming out all the time using gps that I'd love to take for a spin.

09-21-08 05:22 PM
    Ya and whats worse is for texting, prices keep increasing and yet it has always cost the service providers the same amount to deliver the texts...
    Wait for LTE to roll out and I can imagine a major decrease in minute/txt charges however I would guess a spike in data charges. With the speeds that it is claimed to be capable of voip tele service is a real possibility and the extremely small ammount of data a txt requires would become negligible.

09-21-08 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD