Any new apps out there that support this screen resolution? I'd love to be able to transfer some dvds to the storm when it comes out.
    10-08-08 10:03 AM
    How about the accompanied RIM software that already does this? It converts videos to formats that the device can use too.
    10-08-08 10:09 AM
    I didn't know it would convert DVDs as well.
    10-08-08 10:24 AM
    I don't know about converting DVDs. Allz I know is, I saw somewhere that it converts formats to ones that it can read.
    10-08-08 10:30 AM
    I don't know about converting DVDs. Allz I know is, I saw somewhere that it converts formats to ones that it can read.
    For the wife's iPhone, I've been using DVDShrink to rip uncompressed to my hard drive. Then use HandBrake to encode it to whatever size and file type you like. Both are freeware. Works like a charm and the vid quality is great.
    10-08-08 10:36 AM
    For the wife's iPhone, I've been using DVDShrink to rip uncompressed to my hard drive. Then use HandBrake to encode it to whatever size and file type you like. Both are freeware. Works like a charm and the vid quality is great.
    Cool, thanks for the tip!
    10-08-08 10:38 AM
    Hey along that line I have a stupid question.

For the iPhone, Handbrake saves the file as an .m4V... that's MPEG4 right? So will that file play in the Storm? I saw on the spec sheet that it plays MPEG4 movies.
    10-08-08 10:40 AM
    Cutedvd.com has different rippers for different formats that u want to transfer to. That's what I use for my 8830. File extension .3gp is what I use for mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-08 11:16 AM
    MediaCoder and MPEG4 ext. When using Desktop Manager I was getting out of synch files sometimes.
    10-08-08 11:35 AM
    I also wonder if this will play the digital copies now showing up on some dvds and blu-rays for portable media devices.
    10-08-08 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD