I went through a process of asking questions and debating on my options before I purchased my wife a new Storm from VZW. What we finally did so that I did not have to pay full retail was add another line to our family share plan, two year commitment, and purchase the phone on that line. After I gave her the phone, we called CS and switched the Storm to her number and put her old phone on the new number. So now we have a phone that will never be used just lying around and we pay an extra $9.99 a month for it. That is still cheaper than paying full retail for the Storm.

Now a couple of weeks after I did all of this, I get a temt on my phone from VZW saying that my line is eligable for upgrade at 2 year contract pricing. Not new every two, just an early uprade a discounted pricing. If I had known that I was going to be eligable for this then I would have waited and purchased the phone on my line and switched the numbers.

My question is, do you think I would get anywhere by calling VZW and explaining this to the or should I just leave well enough alone?

Thanks for any advice!
    12-27-08 10:46 AM
    tttttttttt
    12-27-08 11:02 AM
    Well, you've already bought the phone. You might as well hold on to the upgrade until something else comes along what you might want to get.
    12-27-08 11:04 AM
    Good point, I was just thinking about saving the extra $9.99 a month, but in the scheme of things, I guess it is not that much.
    12-27-08 11:06 AM
    Wouldnt hurt to give it a try. I was basicly in the same boat, but am keeping the other line on a old phone. I go camping and hiking alot, and plan on using that phone when going somewhere that I dont think the storm would be safe. All i do when i leave is forward my calls to the old phone. Just my two cents worth.
    12-27-08 11:09 AM
    That is a very good idea. Thanks for the input!
    12-27-08 11:11 AM
    Well if you decide not to keep it, since this line is fairly new, you may be able to call them and say that the person you got the line for isn't getting good reception where they have to use the phone the majority of the time and has decided to try a different carrier, so you're wondering if you can cancel it without getting charged. I had to do that once and they were pretty helpful.
    12-27-08 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD