When I first got the storm (before the 1st official upgrade/update/whatever you call it) my battery life was alright at best. Lasted me the whole day but by the end of the day with less than normal usage I was on 1-2 bars (by less than normal I mean about 1 hour of talk, 10 text messages, and no more than 20-30 minutes web browsing).

Then, after the update to .75 or whatever it was, the 1st official one from Verizon/RIM that was released, my battery life (among other problems) was fixed. It lasted MUCH MUCH longer. In fact, just a few days ago I was thinking about my phone and some apps for it and then I remembered how bad the battery for me used to be. Nowadays, use the phone heavier than in the beginning and I still have 3-4 bars left (out of 5, I believe? I only lose like 1 and a half).

Then, I got unlucky. Today I noticed, just as school started up again, that my battery life seemed to drain quick. I mean REALLY quick. I wasn't using the phone at all really and by the time I got home I was already one or so bars down. Then, I noticed another bar go. And, just about 10-20 minutes ago, the phone vibrates (I had it on Vibrate) and a green light indicator comes on. I didn't know what it was, but I look at my phone, and I see that I am at ZERO BARS. NADA. ZILCH. Completely empty and the battery outline/symbol was in red. I couldn't come up with anything other than "wtf..." and turned off my phone and just now plugged it in the charger.

So what gives? What's the problem behind this? Never have I had such a bad experience with battery life with any phone, especially not after owning it for just 2 months. Sure, I usually have my phone on 24/7 and give it a recycle and whatnot (from time to time I leave it off from 5-20 minutes) and actually I forgot to mention that in school I had it off! So seriously, what is the problem?

Quick help greatly appreciated!
    01-05-09 07:20 PM
    Some phones have shipped with bad batteries. My wife's did the exact same thing. It would hardly last a day, then all of a sudden it died and would not turn on at all. So we went to a verizon store and got a new battery. Problem solved.
    01-05-09 07:59 PM
    It happened to me. I had it plugged in all night and used it when I woke up. A bit
    Later I went to use it and it was dead. Plugged it in and charged it wnd it came back. I just figured if it happens again I'll call for a new battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 08:06 PM
    I had a similar problem. By the middle of the day, my phone was vibrating and letting me know that the battery was very low.

I also noticed a strange thing, moments after my phone would go into sleep-mode, the screen would turn back on without me pressing anything.

Don't know why so I decided to do a battery pull to re-start the phone. I also made sure to always exit and close any programs that might still be open (By pressing down the blackberry button for a few seconds which tells you which Apps. are still open).

Don't know if that is the solution, but so far my battery life lasts two full days.

(By the way, I also have the .75 update too)

Good luck.
    01-05-09 08:16 PM
    I received my Storm last Thursday found the Crackberry website started reading the forums. On Saturday afternoon plugged my phone in for three hours before 11pm phone completely dead. Same thing on Sunday, woke up this morning was at work by 8am made one call 10 minutes tops by 11am down to two bars called customer service they informed me to take it in to the local shop. I did and they were so nice to tell me they carry the battery but do not have any in stock. I love the phone but if I start to have stupid issues I may pack up and get myself that i*%&$e. LOL
    01-05-09 08:21 PM
    Im Having The Same Battery Problems. Im Noticing That The Problem Reoccurs After Plugging In My Stock Head Phones. Not Only Does The Battery Drain Super Fast (within 5 Hours Or So) But When I Receive Or Send Calls They Cant Hear Me On The Other End. I Have To Pull My Battery Everytime To Fix This Problem. So Freaking Annoying! And I Stress This Only Occurs After Using The Head Phones.
    02-11-09 10:52 AM
    I got my phone on release day shipped with .65. Everything was fine when I upgraded to .75, but with every subsequent upgrade (.83, .85, .90) my battery would die within 5 hours. In order to run properly, I would have to wipe and then reload .75.

I went to Verizon and left my phone for 45 minutes while they tested the battery. (I made sure to down grade back to the offical .75 first). They said the battery was bad and shipped me a new one.

When I got the new battery, I upgraded to .90, but I was still expiriencing problems. Next I went to .99, but still much of the same. After one week with .99 I noticed that the battery was begging to hold full charges. I think it was a battery issue, but not completely sure why .99 was draining at first, and later on improved.

Long story short, take the battery to Verizon for testing, just make sure to downgrade to the offical .75 first.
    02-11-09 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD