I know this is a stupid question, but i was thinking about it. I have my Env. And occasionaly the screen gets wet. But now im going to have a touch screen, will the screen get destroyed if its gets a little wet? Im not talking about spilling a cup of water or something on that. I am very careful. But If i took it out for a split second in the rain... If the screen gets a dropped wet, will it destroy the screen?
    11-15-08 06:44 PM
    well the screen is glass, so i don't think it would be a problem where you'd get bubbles under it or anything unless you doused the phone in water, but what i would worry about is the gaps on the side of the phone. i don't think a little bit a water can do much damage, but just try to be careful
    11-15-08 06:50 PM
    well the screen is glass, so i don't think it would be a problem where you'd get bubbles under it or anything unless you doused the phone in water, but what i would worry about is the gaps on the side of the phone. i don't think a little bit a water can do much damage, but just try to be careful
    Ok, sounds good! Thanks.. What are the gaps on the side of the phonei have been hearing about? Do you think it will be fixed?
    11-15-08 06:52 PM
    no it won't be fixed, i don't even know if thats what they meant to do, but the current way the phone is, is going to stay the same, they might update it in a second batch of phones or something of that sort, but the gaps are there, tiny but there
    11-15-08 06:53 PM
    you could insure the phone as well if you are that concerned.
    11-15-08 06:55 PM
    you could insure the phone as well if you are that concerned.
    GREAT, encourage him to start ANOTHER insurance thread.

j/k everyone, it's the weekend, no news, must occupy time some other way.
    11-15-08 06:59 PM
    GREAT, encourage him to start ANOTHER insurance thread.

j/k everyone, it's the weekend, no news, must occupy time some other way.
    haha, i probably will get insurance. I thought about this the other day. I have a ipod touch and was curious and my env screen is a little messed up. ( from scratches and probably litte water).... I am going to be so careful with the storm. Have a great holster and never put it near food or drinks!! Why cant it be friday.. or not even friday,the 25th. Thats when i come home from school and my dad should have 2 storms. 1 for me and 1 for him..
    11-15-08 07:02 PM
    I am sure the glass screen doesn�t get damaged if it gets wet. The gap around it, I would assume, has some sort of seal to keep dust and dirt out. I haven�t seen it yet, but I'm confident as soon as someone takes one apart that�s what they'll find. I'm not worried about that...
    11-15-08 07:15 PM
    I used a Samsung SCH-I730 touch screen for 1-2 years. Was a Windows Mobile phone. Used it out in the rain several times with no issues. It was a great phone, until the last day I used it... I dropped it in the toilet

I went to Verizon and got a BB Pearl (My first BB, won't go back to anything else now), and let the Samsung sit and dry for about 2-3 days. I turned it on for the first time and low and behold, the touch screen worked great still. The number pad under the slider part was the only thing that did not work anymore. The touchscreen, speaker, mic, everything else works still except the numberpad. The screen is just a tad bit smaller than the Storm's screen.

Here is a picture of it btw so you can compare:
    11-15-08 07:16 PM
    Well, I've had a Storm for about a week now, and I soak my storm in hot grease everyday to keep it's nice glossy look, so I doubt water will effect it adversely.
    11-15-08 07:19 PM
    The gaps are so the screen can maneuver up and down during the click function I do believe.
    11-15-08 07:21 PM
    Well, I've had a Storm for about a week now, and I soak my storm in hot grease everyday to keep it's nice glossy look, so I doubt water will effect it adversely.
    DUH, the grease acts as a barrier, of course water won't damage it, sheesh
    11-15-08 07:41 PM
    Water spilled. The spill caused by my arm, made me knock the phone to the ground from a dinner table, it was carpeted floor. I picked it up super fast and dried it on my shirt and pants. Wasn't much water 1/2 a glass. In my mind the glass is not half full right now. I dried if off ruthlessly, but it definitely got a soak, but nothing like a submerging in water. Right after this happened I turned it off. After I thought it was dry turned it on, and didn't wait long but saw the screen wasnt responding. Started to worry ,the screen was going to that white background and in the lower corner I could actually see the water moving like a wet piece of paper that was slowly moving had you dropped a few drops on one of the corners. Instantly pulled battery. now it's sitting at home on a warm place hoping it will dry. This truly ruined my day. That is what I get for being fat.

Should I broil it in the oven and then blow my brains out?
    Last edited by blobface; 01-30-09 at 09:30 PM.
    01-30-09 09:24 PM
    Water spilled. The spill caused by my arm, made me knock the phone to the ground from a dinner table, it was carpeted floor. I picked it up super fast and dried it on my shirt and pants. Wasn't much water 1/2 a glass. In my mind the glass is not half full right now. I dried if off ruthlessly, but it definitely got a soak, but nothing like a submerging in water. Right after this happened I turned it off. After I thought it was dry turned it on, and didn't wait long but saw the screen wasnt responding. Started to worry ,the screen was going to that white background and in the lower corner I could actually see the water moving like a wet piece of paper that was slowly moving had you dropped a few drops on one of the corners. Instantly pulled battery. now it's sitting at home on a warm place hoping it will dry. This truly ruined my day. That is what I get for being fat.

Should I broil it in the oven and then blow my brains out?
    Not good.. hopefully its not too bad and dries quickly with no problems.
    01-30-09 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD