From the dummy storm it is a great size feels nice in the hand but the touch click is SLOW, I can't imagine getting up to the kind of speed i would on a mechanical keyboard or even my iPhone. I think it will be very accurate but like Kevin said the time between clicks will slow down typing. It might be that the dummy phones don't have as good a mechanism as the real ones and I hope that is true.

I did get to play with a bold and I thought it was awesome especially the keyboard, so I think I've made my decision on that. I will probably wait to play with a real storm though. The size difference between the bold and storm wasn't as big as expected which I was glad about.

I would suggest to anyone thinking about a preorder to maybe go play with one in store first to make sure you like it. It will definitely be a love hate thing I think.

Also at the store, someone came in and asked if they sold the iPhone and the assistant told him to go to an apple store. I really felt like saying push the storm but alas no. I know I would have in that situation.
    11-01-08 01:08 PM
    Thanks for sharing. It will indeed be interesting to see how the models they are going to sell will stand up against all of these testers that are floating around

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-08 02:43 PM
    Ah..

I just started a thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/no-...o-storm-88888/

If Vodaphone dont have REAL phones connected to the network - they wont sell many..!!

I need to test it in real battle conditions..!!
    11-01-08 05:40 PM
    Ah..

I just started a thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/no-...o-storm-88888/

If Vodaphone dont have REAL phones connected to the network - they wont sell many..!!

I need to test it in real battle conditions..!!
    not really, the shop i was in had nearlly full 3g on the bold, although i couldn't test the browser as it only had the hotspot browser available oddly enough.

they can just demo the phones on 3g. most phone stores try to make sure they are in a good service zone to properly show off there phones. wifi isn't nescessary at all, most phones don't have it anyway, so i don't understand your point.
    11-01-08 06:35 PM
    I don't know about the touch click being slow, but I tried the browser on a dummy phone yesterday and I wasn't too impressed. Yeah, turns out Rev.A isn't really all that fast after all.
    11-01-08 07:00 PM
    I don't know about the touch click being slow, but I tried the browser on a dummy phone yesterday and I wasn't too impressed. Yeah, turns out Rev.A isn't really all that fast after all.
    u used the storm on VZW's network?
    11-01-08 07:48 PM
    LMAO. Your sarcasm always seems to catch some body.
    11-01-08 07:53 PM
    LMAO. Your sarcasm always seems to catch some body.
    Honestly, and this stays between you and me, it hasn't been that hard here lately.

It's a little like....
    11-01-08 07:55 PM
    i love that picture, new desktop wallpaper...
    11-01-08 07:57 PM
    Honestly, and this stays between you and me, it hasn't been that hard here lately.
    ouch... burn...

i'll scurry back home to howard forums now...
    11-01-08 07:57 PM
    ive been catching your good lines for a few days the past week... I get a kick out of it anyway =)
    11-01-08 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD