I didnt really mind my screen, but I put something on top of the battery just to see how it would work... And it works great!!! Even better than before... But what I used were heat sink pads supplied by Apple for their older computers.

This could potentially pull heat off the battery and disperse it to the back case, plus it stays in one place and wont move around (sticky).

Question is.. Is this a known RIM problem? Can you get a new phone with this fixed? Or are all the new phones still coming with this issue?

Ever since doing it, I can actually use landscape mode... I dont mind this fix because I think it might actually HELP the phone but...
    12-10-08 01:50 PM
    I suggest doing the "Loosen the Screws" trick. Works much better than anything behind your battery.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/scr...method-109036/
    12-10-08 02:16 PM
    Whats the issue with the screen.
    12-10-08 02:19 PM
    What loosen the screws trick? Never saw that before?
    12-10-08 02:42 PM
    Yes, but be careful, you don't want to loosen too much. If you do, you may get a SIM card error or your screen may get stuck and will not pop back up. It's different for every phone but I would suggest loosening about 1 turn.
    12-10-08 02:47 PM
    So how exactly can you tell if you're having the screen problem? I have 2 storms, 1 Mex 1 Can. They both SEEM to be OK. But the corners of the screen don�t seem as poppy as the middle of the screen. That seemed normal to me. Is this what the big freak out is about?
    12-10-08 02:51 PM
    I used the business card method, just with a folded piece of paper (with slightly above average thickness). Works like a charm. I won't send mines back for that, especially since it seems you're not guaranteed a problem free replacement. I rather have this one problem with the phone, then get a "new" one with even more problems.

Besides who keeps their phone for more than 6 months anyways?
    12-10-08 02:56 PM
    What loosen the screws trick? Never saw that before?
    Do this instead:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/scr...method-109036/

Works much better.

I think it was decided that putting anything behind the battery would cause issues to the phone because the backplate would warp over time.
    12-10-08 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD