I recently updated my phone from .103 to .113 and the battery lasted around 6 hours, all i did was send out a few texts. So, i decided to upgrade .122 in hopes my battery would be better. Same thing, my bb would be idle in my pocket for 6 hours and lose all its battery. i downgraded to .75 and went back up to .113 hoping that would solve the problem, no luck. I decided to give up and go back to .103 where I was getting phenomenal battery life. I did a couple battery pulls after installing .103, but the battery is still draining at a fast pace. I do not understand. I have no apps running and I am in an area where there is full 1XEV service. I am fairly new to a bb, but I do not get how a OS which worked well before is now having such a tough time keeping a charged battery. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you.
    04-20-09 12:56 PM
    Sounds like an issue with the actual battery. I'd go back to Verizon and see if you can get a replacement and see if that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 01:15 PM
    im on .122 and yesterday tested my battery length. from 10:15 AM until 1:30 am my battery dropped down to 10% thats pretty nice for just a nights charge. maybe you need a new battery.

and thats browsing the web on opera mini sending messages,email and streaming music from pandora and slacker playing a game of flight path watching a 30 min cartoon. listening to mp3's. checking viigo. so its not like i did not use the thing.

and if you do get a new batt. let it charge for at least 16 hours the first charge.
    04-20-09 01:16 PM
    I had the same probs when switching to .113. I dont have a solution for you. Luckily i had another Storm i was about to sell so i just swapped the battery from that and now its fine (still runnin .113).
    04-20-09 01:59 PM
    Mine has done the sam. Thing. It has lasted me up to 30 hours before and like 4-5 at other times. I just ordered a cheap replacemwnt off of ebay, but its doing better the last few days so it isn't the battery. I would guess itsdue to charging cycles. Let it almost die then charge all night. The next day its going to drop quick. Take your chrger qith you and charge it when it gets down to 35-50%. Then charge it all night again.don't let it drop below 10-15% if u can help it. And carry your charger with u until it catches back up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD