I have only tried opera....its really fast but its annoying to have to pull up the keyboard all the time and it doesn't have an arrow function like the blackberry browser.

thoughts?
    04-08-09 12:50 PM
    I Personally like the Blackberry Browser the best, Bolt and Opera have some nice features, but i find that the built in one works the best for me. i'm hoping though bolt will come out with a Storm specific version, that will most likely become my favorite then because it's so fast.
    04-08-09 01:04 PM
    im a fan of the BB browser as well
    04-08-09 01:05 PM
    For the Storm...none? The BB browser is ok for very basic stuff, opera mini the number pad does not work at all and there are some other goofy things that happen in it, and Bolt is just plain hard to use. Have you tried moving the mouse pointer around and getting it onto something?

So, I really don't like any of them. Hopefully someone will make a good one soon
    04-08-09 01:20 PM
    If you are patient, i would suggest the Bolt browser. it has really smooth scrolling, and seems to be good visually. however, its downfall is the method to select links or options on pages. it still needs some work, but try it out.
    04-08-09 01:22 PM
    cant wait for skyfire for the blackberry
    04-08-09 01:23 PM
    I use the BB browser too. Works just fine for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by lakergirl23; 04-08-09 at 05:36 PM.
    04-08-09 04:50 PM
    I find opera mini to be faster and easier to use than bolt and bb browser. I like how when you zoom in with opera mini it automatically sizes the page so that you don't have to scroll sideways to see the entire line.
    04-08-09 05:12 PM
    I too use opera but it has many faults, specifically typing/keyboard and it only let's you zoom once. Anyone have an idea on making it the default browser?

04-08-09 05:24 PM
    I also use the BB browser. Seems to work just fine for me. I tried Opera but wasn't amazed by it. Seems like a lot of people kind of blow it up a little unnecessarily. I have yet to try Bolt though.

04-08-09 05:48 PM
    I have no issues with the BB browser. Opera is over-rated.
    04-08-09 05:57 PM
    While Opera is my browser of choice on all of my computers, unfortunately I'm not very happy with the sacrifices and quirks required to use it on my Storm, so I removed it. Same goes for Bold.

Sooooooooo...for the time being, it's the one that came with the Storm until something better comes along!
    04-08-09 06:00 PM
    Until any of the outside browsers are optimized for the Storm, I think the BB browser is the go to for now. I have the others installed for the occasional need that cannot be handled by the BB browser for whatever reason.
    04-08-09 06:03 PM
    With small pages and google I use the bb browser... For wikipedia and large sites I use bolt

04-08-09 06:32 PM
    I tried Opera and didn't like it, but haven't tried Bolt so I'd have to say BB browser for now.
    04-08-09 06:44 PM
    Opera is worlds faster then bb browser.

04-08-09 06:56 PM
    I have only tried opera....its really fast but its annoying to have to pull up the keyboard all the time and it doesn't have an arrow function like the blackberry browser.

thoughts?
    For me, the BB browser, set to emulate IE, used with mobile versions of websites, works well.
    U

04-08-09 07:03 PM
    I use Opera Mini for the most part, but on those pages that don't come up well, I use BB. I don't know how you guys can all have so much patience to deal with the BB browser... it takes waaaaaaaaay too long.
    04-08-09 07:48 PM
    I personally use all 3, bb, opera, and bolt. I go to one forum that takes forever to load in bb, but opera loads instantly and the column view for it is great. When I want a full view bolt is the way to go as I is so fast. The bb browser is tough to beat for weather. Since they did the weatherbug powered page I see no reason for the weatherbug app and I just bookmark the site and get the same functionality. Anyway I think they all have sites that thy are great at and there is no 1 of them that do all of my sites well. For now I'm happy using all three until a single fantastic one comes out.

04-08-09 07:50 PM
    I personally use all 3, bb, opera, and bolt. I go to one forum that takes forever to load in bb, but opera loads instantly and the column view for it is great. When I want a full view bolt is the way to go as I is so fast. The bb browser is tough to beat for weather. Since they did the weatherbug powered page I see no reason for the weatherbug app and I just bookmark the site and get the same functionality. Anyway I think they all have sites that thy are great at and there is no 1 of them that do all of my sites well. For now I'm happy using all three until a single fantastic one comes out.

04-08-09 07:52 PM
    I tested the site I mentioned above which is forum.gon.com in all 3 browsers. BB took 1:15 to load fully, bolt 12 secs, opera 7 secs. This is the site that I think opera is easiest for anyway. The site is very frustrating in the BB browser due to speed. Like I said different sites work better with different browsers for now. I'm sure at some point there will be a clear winner. Bolt is really a ton better now than the prior version. I'm sure it will really be fantastic in the future.
    04-09-09 07:30 AM
    I just removed Opera off my device. I liked how pages rendered, quickly, cleanly. But entering information on web-page interfaces was a shot in the dark. I encountered similar results with Bolt. RIMs browser is pretty good overall, still a weak point, but I've found that my inputs are more reliable, in trade for speed.
    04-09-09 07:39 AM
    i use bolt for bigger websites because for sites like yahoo it looks like garbage on the bb browser
    04-09-09 07:47 AM
    bolt and opera are really really fast compared to the BB browser... i only use the BB browser when downloading OTA app links.. otherwise opera is super fast.. and with the recent bolt update it is almost as fast.. as of right now... the most recent bolt update has won me over since i believe it is a storm version that works very well as far as clicking links and navigating.. also is very fast!
    04-09-09 08:00 AM
    Another vote for Opera. The BB Browser is good for sending you to sleep.....
    But the gist of this thread seems to be that different people have different preferences and a bowser that works well on one site may not be as good on another. As pcsolutions1 said, try all 3 until something better comes along.
    04-09-09 02:00 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD