I'm going to the Tour. I want to unlock and sell my Storm on eBay. Do I just do a wipe of it and then that's it? Will the new owner have my old PIN?

Any tips would be helpful.
    07-15-09 09:07 AM
    I'm pretty sure u get a new pin, but yea restore phone to factory settings. Save all the stuff you want first of course. Call and ask if pin is carried over

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 09:29 AM
    Yeah wipe all info not wanted but the pin is to that phone from what i understand... when you get a new phone you get a new pin.
    07-15-09 09:41 AM
    The PIN numbers are unique to each blackberry. New phone means new PIN. If you use the device switch wizard it transfers everything for you. So yes the person that you sell your phone too will get your old PIN number.
    07-15-09 10:01 AM
    But, unlocking information will be lost in the wipe correct? Or do I wipe it then unlock it and not program it?

So do I have to contact Verizon to disassociate the phone with my account?
    07-15-09 10:12 AM
    But, unlocking information will be lost in the wipe correct? Or do I wipe it then unlock it and not program it?

So do I have to contact Verizon to disassociate the phone with my account?
    I am doing the same thing and my understanding is that when you unlock the phone, that is tied to the PIN. I had the question because I upgraded my OS to .151 after the unlock and it is still unlocked. So even after you wipe your phone, it will still be unlocked.
    07-15-09 12:42 PM
    I'm going to the Tour. I want to unlock and sell my Storm on eBay. Do I just do a wipe of it and then that's it? Will the new owner have my old PIN?

Any tips would be helpful.
    As you probably know, you can log in here to "change your device" from the Storm to the Tour: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw.

However, this does not always "release" your old PIN from your account. After changing devices call VZW to verify your Storm PIN has been released. [I bought a Storm on Ebay and the previous owner had removed the phone from his account....but it did not actually release the PIN.]
    07-15-09 01:35 PM
    As you probably know, you can log in here to "change your device" from the Storm to the Tour: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw.

However, this does not always "release" your old PIN from your account. After changing devices call VZW to verify your Storm PIN has been released. [I bought a Storm on Ebay and the previous owner had removed the phone from his account....but it did not actually release the PIN.]
    hmm i actually didnt know that. thanks!
    07-15-09 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD