Hello Guys,

I am having issues with my phone having a "memory leak." Ive read a few things about memory leaks and I think I have a REAL memory leak. When my phone resets I have 18MB to 20MB. A few hours later Ill have 0MB. I have to remove the battery at least 3 times a day. From what I have read this is not normal. Any recommendations?

Thanks.
    05-10-09 02:59 AM
    You have alot more apps than most people, which is leading to generally low memory. First of all, upgrade to a higher OS. You'll gain about 10 MB just from the upgrade, plus the memory leak from the OS is less in later builds for the most part.

As for the apps, try uninstalling them one at a time for a couple of days and testing your memory over that...you'll likely find that one of them being uninstalled makes a huge difference, leave that one off if you can, or put up with the memory leak.
    05-10-09 03:04 AM
    18-20 after a reboot? That's a lot of applications and themes.
    05-10-09 10:06 AM
    You will always drop 10-15mb in memory in the first 6 hours after a restart or at least I always do. You need to delete some apps and upgrade your os so you start out with higher memory. I tend to start out at 47mb and end the day in the 20's. Looking at your app's you may want to start with google maps since I removed mine life has been much better.

Good Luck
    05-10-09 10:39 AM
    Themes are notorious memory leaks as well, i would start there.

But upgrading will do wonders for your memory. I am running the .141/5.0 hybrid and currently have over 10 apps installed on my phone and I hover around 35 MBs all day with only a little drop in memory
    05-10-09 10:45 AM
    when you upgrade your os make sure to either use crackmem or shrink-OS to remove some unwanted apps.
    05-10-09 10:51 AM
    definitely upgrade to a leak os try 109 for a solid regular build, or try 141/5.0 hybrid or the new141/5.93 hybrid if you are feeling brave( though you have nothing to worry about).
    05-10-09 01:08 PM
    You will always drop 10-15mb in memory in the first 6 hours after a restart or at least I always do. You need to delete some apps and upgrade your os so you start out with higher memory. I tend to start out at 47mb and end the day in the 20's. Looking at your app's you may want to start with google maps since I removed mine life has been much better.

Good Luck
    Not everyone's app memory will drop 10-15mb in the first 6 hours after a reset. I start at 39 now (since I downloaded a couple more apps), and after 4 days, I am still at anywhere between 31-36, depending on what I have been doing with the phone. As a matter of fact, when I went to bed last night and put the phone on the charger, I was at 31mb, and when I woke up this morning, it was back up to 36mb.
    05-10-09 01:12 PM
    Hello Guys,

I am having issues with my phone having a "memory leak." Ive read a few things about memory leaks and I think I have a REAL memory leak. When my phone resets I have 18MB to 20MB. A few hours later Ill have 0MB. I have to remove the battery at least 3 times a day. From what I have read this is not normal. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

crystal clear theme is a killer i love it but it leaches like 25MB or more from my 45mb start i had to ditch it
    05-10-09 01:17 PM
    What type of things are you running?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 01:22 PM
    Check out these post links at the bottom of this post.

I would recommend uninstalling apps in the reverse order you installed them to find stability, then reinstall your (questionable) apps 1 by 1 doing memory drain testing on each subsequent app loaded until you find the culpret.
    (I use EventLog, Options_Status, Device Info, MemoryEye, and MemoryUp Pro as tools)

That's what I did. Also if you have tons of apps and or themes I highly recommend Aerize card loader. It has helped my memory and stability with 82 apps and 10 themes installed immensely.
    -----------------------------------
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f121/2n...-a-221466-new/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ber...y-hole-221471/
    05-10-09 01:58 PM
    I find with the .114 os and the original theme I have hardly any leaks plus i dont have much apps I run weatherbug, facebook, myspace and bolt I think that's all I have for apps and mine runs smooth all day
    05-10-09 02:10 PM
    This really works for leaks:
    05-10-09 05:36 PM
    crystal clear theme is a killer i love it but it leaches like 25MB or more from my 45mb start i had to ditch it
    I don't think it's the crystal clear theme because the theme is smaller than almost all themes out there currently. Try looking for memory sucking apps like weatherbug or a twitter client...
    05-11-09 10:11 AM
    VZW navigator is a big hog on memory, so if you have it installed and don't use ie....ditch it.
    05-11-09 10:31 AM
    AMAZING!!! Thats the funniest thing ive read all day!!!
    05-11-09 10:43 AM
    Bwaaaahhhhhhaaaahhahahhahaha!!!!!!!!
    05-11-09 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD