all I have ever gotten is edge. What do I need to do to get it to change and what is the difference?
    09-26-09 09:41 PM
    thats all you have ever gotten? are you in a bad coverage area? should be EDGE if you have good coverage!
    09-26-09 09:55 PM
    09-26-09 10:01 PM
    I live in Detroit MI so I should have really good coverage. I have noticed the EDGE ever coming up.
    09-26-09 10:24 PM
    Do you have a data plan?
    09-27-09 12:56 AM
    well duh! Ones uppercase and ones lower case
    09-27-09 12:58 AM
    well duh! Ones uppercase and ones lower case
    LOL....I thought it meant you were more on EDGE than others. Time for less coffee.
    09-27-09 01:01 AM
    LOL....I thought it meant you were more on EDGE than others. Time for less coffee.
    EDGE = not enough coffee
    edge = Too much coffee
    09-27-09 01:04 AM
    all I have ever gotten is edge. What do I need to do to get it to change and what is the difference?
    EDGE= active data connection = ability to go online and receive emails .

edge= No data connection you will not be able to get your emails or surf the web.
    09-27-09 01:11 AM

edge= No data connection you will not be able to get your emails or surf the web.
    That's why I asked him is he had a data plan. Of course there are many out there with a Storm on AT&T wondering why it doesn't stay on EDGE. It could be because AT&T doesn't support the Storm so you are gonna get what ya get.
    09-27-09 01:16 AM
    thats all you have ever gotten? are you in a bad coverage area? should be EDGE if you have good coverage!
    Incorrect.

Correct.

CAPS vs lower case has nothing to do with quality of coverage. It has to do with whether or not you have active BB Data connectivity. Usually a missing data plan, misprovisioned BIS/BES connectivity from your carrier or blacklisted device play a big role in this.
    09-27-09 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD