Just got my 1st. replacement and I noticed that the back light on the screen is yellow, my first storm the light is white. I like my white screen better.
    12-16-08 10:50 PM
    was it made in mexico because i swear ive read on here somewhere that someones from mexco also had a yellow tint... send it back if youre unhappy with it
    12-16-08 10:53 PM
    Yup made in Mexico
    was it made in mexico because i swear ive read on here somewhere that someones from mexco also had a yellow tint... send it back if youre unhappy with it
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 11:02 PM
    The color on my original was beautiful! I got a replacement because of the screen click issue. The click is perfect now but the screen is not as vibrant as my original. I don't get it. My first was canada, current is mexico.
    12-16-08 11:19 PM
    I got 2 more storms yesterday at best buy. I got them 10 minutes after they received the shipment. One of them is a little brighter with a blue haze and more contrast, the other has a yellow tint with less contrast. The blue on clicks harder than the other so I like the one with the yellow tint.

Its a hit or miss because these are both made in mexico...
    12-16-08 11:24 PM
    I have one from Canada & my back light is white

12-16-08 11:55 PM
    I have the Mexico made one right now and there is no difference than the 3 canadian ones I had.
    12-17-08 12:00 AM
    The color on my original was beautiful! I got a replacement because of the screen click issue. The click is perfect now but the screen is not as vibrant as my original. I don't get it. My first was canada, current is mexico.
    i agree totally. this sux dude. RIM totally dropped the ball with this launch man. but yeah i got my replacement today and to my surprise it has a bluish gray tint to everything and my original was vibrant and clear but crappy screen click. i havent sent the other back yet so im calling VZW in the morn. good luck
    12-17-08 12:29 AM
    Mine, which was made in Mexico, is extremely bright. Much like that of what you are all describing comes in the Canadian Storms. Seems like these things are hit or miss as far as consistency is concerned.
    12-17-08 12:30 AM
    Hello, I got my 4th replacment yesterday and its from mexico and everything is perfect except when i compared against my other storms i am returning the display on the other phones are bright white and this one has a yellow/ tint to it.. I called and guess what another is comming...
    12-17-08 12:38 AM
    Called veriozon and they told me to take it in so a tec could take a look at it. I just want my white screen back.

12-17-08 12:39 AM
    I've seen both in person, and I gotta say the yellow screen looks best. Thankfully that's what I have. I noticed that the blacks on the whiter screen don't look as dark and are more gray. The yellowish screen IMO anyway, has truer blacks and richer colors. I was hoping for the whiter display, but after seeing them both side by side I gotta say I'm happy with the "yellar" one.
    12-17-08 12:42 AM
    Cool....what did you say? They are making me go to the store so a tec could decide if I need a new one.

Hello, I got my 4th replacement yesterday and its from mexico and everything is perfect except when i compared against my other storms i am returning the display on the other phones are bright white and this one has a yellow/ tint to it.. I called and guess what another is coming...
    12-17-08 12:44 AM
    so im reading that some of you guys have add multiple replacements already?? whats this about?? just a pure love of the phone?
    12-17-08 12:59 AM
    I got mine on release day. Made in Canada. Beautiful, vibrant backlight.

I have had zero problems with my phone to date.
    12-17-08 01:09 AM
    Just got my 1st. replacement and I noticed that the back light on the screen is yellow, my first storm the light is white. I like my white screen better.
    I think your replacement Storm is the newer "smoker's cough Jaundice" Storm...
    12-17-08 01:11 AM
    where can I find on my phone where it was made
    12-17-08 01:13 AM
    Says on the box where it is from. My current one is pure white. I just ordered my replacement due to my screen and lockup problems. I will see what that one brings.
    12-17-08 01:26 AM
    I have had the same problem I am on my 4 storm and am almost happy the one I have now is very bright on one side and fades to darker on the outer very strange has any one else had this on there's

12-17-08 02:14 AM
    I ordered a replacement because of click prob. The new one has the same prob as the first one plus a crooked screen plus yellow lighting. Iam bringing it back tomm and keeping the first one. And both are from Canada, that does not matter.
    Last edited by nytitleguy; 12-17-08 at 11:02 PM.
    12-17-08 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD