i want to know what can i run off of the SD card?
    1. games??
    2.. ringtones?
    3.. apps?
    4.. wallpaper??
    5.. video??
    i want to know if i could run all of these from the SD cord??. and if there is more stuff i could run that i didnt post please let me know??
    01-06-09 11:49 AM
    Everything except games. I believe ringtones are off the memory card but once you make them active, I believe it goes into system memory but not too sure. Wallpaper goes into system memory when you select which one you want active.
    01-06-09 11:50 AM
    Everything except games. I believe ringtones are off the memory card but once you make them active, I believe it goes into system memory but not too sure. Wallpaper goes into system memory when you select which one you want active.
    So the Storm's OS will allow apps to play off of the media card? Very nice! I had to use a card loader in order to do that on my 8120. Now that my 8220 has 128MB (total), I haven't had to worry about it...yet.
    01-06-09 11:53 AM
    so when i set a custom ringtone to a contact,, its going to go to my phones memory? its not going to run from the SD card?
    01-06-09 12:05 PM
    so when i set a custom ringtone to a contact,, its going to go to my phones memory? its not going to run from the SD card?
    It depends on where the ringtone (media) resides. If the ringtone is on your media card, the "link" to the contacts will be made between your contacts list and the ringtone on your card. This is true for most BB OS's. Running apps is a different story.
    Last edited by BlackBerryBob; 01-06-09 at 12:11 PM.
    01-06-09 12:09 PM
    yea, if you copy and paste an mp3 from your comp to your media card, and then set it as a ringtone on your phone, it will also store a copy of the mp3 within the device memory.
    01-06-09 12:57 PM
    So the Storm's OS will allow apps to play off of the media card? Very nice! I had to use a card loader in order to do that on my 8120. Now that my 8220 has 128MB (total), I haven't had to worry about it...yet.
    Last i heard you can NOT run Apps (including games) off the removable media card.
    01-06-09 12:58 PM
    yea, if you copy and paste an mp3 from your comp to your media card, and then set it as a ringtone on your phone, it will also store a copy of the mp3 within the device memory.
    that is whack,,, then why would i bother putting the ringtone to my SD card.. how many apps fit in the phones memory... the reason i ask. is i have lots of custom ringtone like 30,,,, and i want to get some apps and game on the phone..
    01-06-09 03:44 PM
    that is whack,,, then why would i bother putting the ringtone to my SD card.. how many apps fit in the phones memory... the reason i ask. is i have lots of custom ringtone like 30,,,, and i want to get some apps and game on the phone..
    are anywhere from 100 to 300 kb you got plenty of room.....
    01-06-09 03:59 PM
    Last i heard you can NOT run Apps (including games) off the removable media card.
    This is correct. I think evetually a 3rd party app will come out alowing us to do this but for now, I dont think so.
    01-06-09 04:00 PM
    You can use it as a flash drive to save just about anything you want. I load powerpoint presentations on my. You can view right from the phone or transfer to another PC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD